I Am Spider-Man

Smaug sneezed as a group of maidens rushed to aid Peter, who lay sprawled on the ground. Seemingly grateful for their assistance, Peter, with crossed arms, turned to face them.

"And I daresay you've become quite popular with the fairer sex," one of the maidens mused. Peter brushed her hands away from his collar and sniffed, "It can't be because they ran me over, I suppose." He then gazed at an announcement board adorned with a bold image of Spiderman.

"Written by MJ and directed by Principal Consulun," he mumbled, reading the words aloud.

"Theater, sir?" Peter looked at her quizzically. "Any issue with theater?" he inquired.

Smaug fixed him with a long, piercing stare. "No, I simply don't think you mortals should revel in expressing things that will never come to pass—lies and deception," she shuddered, and without further words, she departed, leaving Peter gazing after her.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"You must be wondering why I detest theater so deeply," sighed Smaug, resting her head on her arms as she gazed out of the window in the empty classroom. "Well, let me tell you that once, long ago, I was more human than I am now, and back then, I adored going to the theater with my parents to watch plays and have a splendid time. But everything changed one fateful evening during such a theater performance, where an explosion erupted, and my mother and father were trapped in its fiery grip."

She visualizes a scene from her past, one she has never shared with her friends. Flames engulf people, turning them into ash. Even the innocent creatures fell victim to the inferno, and their dying cries echoed around her.

Smaug crouches before her parents, their faces charred. A hand touches her shoulder—the theater director, Ormen, is looking down at her with pity in his blue eyes.

"Come along, my dear," he says, assisting her. Smaug glares at him, and the fiery instinct burns within her. "You knew," she snarls. Ormen looks at her inquisitively, "Knew what, Ms. Smaug?"

"It was a trap," she declares, gripping him by the throat, "you orchestrated it all! Your theater, your people, how could you?!" Ormen struggled to breathe, attempting to do something, but Smaug saw through all his lies and wanted him to feel everything she felt. Overwhelmed with disgust, she snapped his neck then and there.

And so, she fled and never returned.

"Some people simply cannot see beyond their egos, beyond their desires, and wish that Ormen were such an elf," Smaug remarked as she stood up, taking off her trousers before tying her long, brown locks into a knot and running her slender fingers through them.

"Theater is not for me, and I need not be anything other than what I am," she stated, walking into the training room where Peter and Sam were seated, waiting for auditions. Princess Colson was also present.

"How are things going?" Peter asked as the dragoness settled down. She crossed her arms, leaned back, and closed her eyes. "I am well," was all she uttered.

Peter and Sam exchanged a concerned glance, but they turned their attention back to the audience.

Throughout the rest of the week, many positive things happened. Flash even got a role. Smaug wasn't sure how she ended up on the stage, but she did and didn't want to talk about it.

Her unruly hair billowed as she leaped on the trapeze that the wicked villain had brought into the theater. Numerous thoughts swirled in her mind, memories from when she was just a child, and then they circled back to the day her parents perished.

Ultimately, she and Spiderman were sent to the police, and everything was resolved.

Yet, she still felt that this day could have gone better.