Attack of the Beetle

"Are you sure there's any reason to worry? It's just your aunt going to talk with our principal. It's not like Colson will reveal any secrets," I reassured Peter, putting my hands in my pockets and observing him pacing the high school corridor.

He had been doing that for 45 minutes, and I sighed, leaning back against the wall. "No, he wouldn't, but what if..." Peter couldn't finish his sentence as we heard approaching footsteps, and to our surprise, it was none other than Aunt May coming towards us. I greeted her with a warm smile and a courteous dip of my head, and she returned the smile.

Finally, Colson emerged, dressed in his usual principal outfit. "Ah, Ms. Parker, come on in," he said, beckoning Aunt May inside his office. Peter and I exchanged glances; I conveyed, "Everything's going to be fine," while Peter's expression said, "Doom awaits us all!"

I chuckled at his worry and pulled out my phone to distract myself with some human things while we waited. However, my peace was short-lived as the office door suddenly opened. I tensed up momentarily but quickly relaxed when I saw Aunt May and Colson laughing together. "It was a wonderful talk, Mr. Colson; thank you," May said warmly, and Colson smiled in response. "Oh, no problem, Ms. Parker. If you don't mind, I want to continue this conversation over dinner. Your nephew is... an interesting topic," he said.

Suddenly, I understood what had been bothering Spider-Man. He was afraid that Colson and Aunt May might fall in love. I thought that was unexpected, feeling a mix of surprise and lighthearted amusement. But it wasn't my place to interfere.

"I'll go now, Peter. See you tomorrow," I said, giving him a reassuring pat before walking away into the night, leaving him to deal with the newfound romantic potential between his aunt and the principal.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

In a dramatic turn of events, I received a call from Peter while I was on watch duty for SHIELD. He urgently informed me that the restaurant where Aunt May and Colson were having dinner was under attack by the Beetle.

Without hesitation, I assured him, "I'm on my way, Spidey. Don't worry; that insect won't know what hit him." I growled with determination, swooping down Eighth Street, causing gasps from the bystanders as I landed in front of the restaurant. Ignoring the commotion, I burst through the door, only to find the purple-silver villain already engaged in combat with Spider-Man.

Fury boiled within me, and I lunged at the Beetle, emitting a fierce roar that sliced through the air, shattering nearby glass. I managed to pin the mercenary down, a fireball aimed menacingly at him. "Stay away from my friends, you feel!" I barked fiercely, hidden behind my mask.

The Beetle gurgled, unable to speak, but he shot a laser from his gun at me. The stinging sensation barely grazed my scales, immediately fusing to heal the wound. "Pft, stupid mortal," I scoffed, grabbing him by the neck and tossing him into the wall, hoping to leave him dazed.

However, he retaliated with a smoke bomb, and Spider-Man warned me just in time. Coughing, I waved the smoke away with my wings but found a laser pointed at me, ready to cause severe damage. Realizing the potential danger to the building, I acted swiftly, disappearing from the spot, and reappeared in a decoy location.

The Beetle, fooled by my trick, fired at thin air, allowing me to lash at his wingpack, causing it to break open and his armor to malfunction. Attempting to strike my head, he missed as I deftly ducked and rolled away. Meanwhile, Spider-Man sprang into action, webbing the Beetle to the floor, effectively immobilizing him.

"Good work, all in a hero's day," Spider-Man complimented me. Our attention turned to Aunt May and Colson, and I spoke with a disguised voice, deep and raspy so that they wouldn't recognize me. "Sir, Madam, you better get out," I advised, worried for their safety. To my surprise, Colson agreed, saying, "You're right, May. This way."

Suddenly, I was blindsided by a hit to the back of my head, and the world turned into a blur. I heard Spider-Man's enraged yell, "Hey, let her be!" before darkness enveloped me, and I lost consciousness.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

As I regained consciousness, I was tied up, my wings almost torn off by the tight ropes. The Beetle approached me; his eyes fixed on mine as he brandished a glowing dagger. Despite the danger, I refused to show fear and maintained a defiant stare. He then started to mend his armor before me while I shut my mouth tightly.

Suddenly, an idea struck me, and I took a bold chance. Summoning the last of my strength, I used my charm to play on the Beetle's weakness. "You're going to leave a pretty lady like me out here bound, where anyone could find me and take advantage of me?" I taunted him. His chittering stopped, and I could sense I had struck a nerve. "Ah, I hit a nerve, didn't I? You do like me," I teased, pretending to be flattered.

This tactic might be disgusting, but I needed to exploit any advantage. After all, he was a man, and I could use that to my advantage. I smirked beneath my mask, thinking he may not trust me, but men always have a weakness for a woman's body.

As he reached forward to remove my mask, I played the part, grinning as my lips came into view. My dark red mane of hair cascaded down, and the Beetle fell silent momentarily. "Liking what you see?" I asked teasingly, revealing my fangs and glowing eyes as I peered at him through half-lidded eyes, trying to act alluring (all in a day's coy). A gurgle came from him, and he started to undo the ropes that bound me.

Seizing the opportunity, just as he loosened the first knot, I smirked and delivered a swift kick where it would hurt him the most. As he crumpled to the ground in pain, I quickly tore the remaining ropes away and leaned down to face him closely. "Never underestimate a dragon," I warned him, then stepped away.

I used my fiery breath to create more ropes and bound him to the leg of a nearby helicopter. "My friend will come soon enough, and then he'll take care of you," I said over my shoulder as I picked up my mask and placed it back over my face. With a triumphant smirk, I spread my wings and took to the air, leaving the villain at the mercy of Spider-Man and justice.