Freaky

The situation has escalated far beyond what I anticipated. I was aware that Spiderman faced animosity in New York due to the constant barrage of negative press from J. Jonah Jameson. However, I never expected the hostility to manifest in such a repugnant manner. The sight of people hurling objects at him is an abhorrent display of disdain, even though it aligns with the nature of mortals to reject what they dislike. It seems their inherent instinct to cast away anything they deem unworthy knows no bounds.

Unfortunately, witnessing such unjust treatment has stirred a tempest within me, clouding my judgment and relinquishing control over my composure. The result is an unfortunate scenario where I find myself using my powers to forcefully redirect the mind-controlled assailants, akin to a game of bowling, slamming them into walls. Though it pains me to resort to such measures, it serves as a necessary evil to protect Spidey from being relentlessly targeted.

The turmoil of these circumstances weighs heavily upon my conscience. I yearn for a more peaceful resolution, one where understanding and empathy prevail over hostility. Alas, the current reality forces me to act swiftly and decisively, albeit in ways that deviate from my preferred course of action.

with a growl i stand on my calwed feet my wings spread to shield spiderman from the coming sought of strange mortals. 

As I noticed their vacant, wide, and lifeless eyes, my annoyance grew at the mind control that held them captive. Stupid mind control, I grumbled inwardly. Suddenly, a peculiar scent invaded my snout, triggering a snarl as I unsheathed my sharp claws, only to come face to face with a masked man emitting an overwhelming aroma of shaving powder.

"Is that... Wolverine?" Spiderman queried from behind me, rising to his feet. The brown and yellow-clad hero, his iconic claws gleaming, locked eyes with me, an air of caution enveloping our encounter. Wolverine directed his question towards Spiderman, but I swiftly interjected, asserting my ability to speak for myself. Folding back my wings and curling my tail into a spiral, I extended a talon towards the X-Men hero, introducing myself. "Names Smaug, Wolverine, is it? These mortals never cease to speak of you and your team," I remarked.

Wolverine clasped my talon, bowing his head in acknowledgement. "#You must be that kid's new teammate, I assume," he grumbled, his voice laden with his signature gruffness. I nodded in confirmation. However, our focus swiftly shifted as we were reminded of the imminent threat before us. Both Wolverine and I turned to face the mind-controlled zombies, their glowy, vacant eyes fixated on us.

With a venomous hiss, my claws unsheathed once more, ready to confront the encroaching horde. Yet, Spiderman's grip tightened on my shoulder, halting my advance. He pointed towards a peculiar figure sprinting towards a getaway truck, laden with stolen goods. As a smirk graced my face, my fangs glistening, I propelled myself forward, swiftly overtaking the villain and pinning him to the ground.

"Change them back," I snarled, my voice laced with a menacing tone. The man quivered beneath me as I flexed my claws, taunting him with the prospect of becoming my next meal. Though consuming mortals was not my inclination, it served as a potent threat. "Do as I say, or you'll become my next feast," I hissed, the threat hanging heavy in the air. "Okay, okay, I'll change them!" he whimpered, manipulating a pendant on his head as his eyes swirled.

Snarling, I spun a fiery web, swiftly binding his hands together. "Think long and hard before attempting such an act again, mortal," I growled, taking a step back. S.H.I.E.L.D swiftly arrived to apprehend the criminal, cleaning up the mess left behind.

After bidding farewell to Spiderman and Fury, as Wolverine enjoyed a beer in the back of the truck, I acknowledged our parting with a click of my draconic jaws and a bow. Before taking flight back to the Helicarrier, I assured Wolverine, "I presume our paths shall cross again someday, Wolverine."

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

I wake the next morning to a text from an unknown number, but soon realize it's from Peter:

Peter: Help!

Letting out a sigh, I hastily reply, still acclimating to this unfamiliar technology.

Me: What is it? What's happening?

His immediate response alarms me further:

Peter: Come outside now.

With a hiss of urgency, I rise from my slumber, employing a touch of magic to transform, even though I did not sleep as a human. Swiftly, I prepare myself, donning my hero costume, and let my wings carry me towards Peter. However, upon reaching him, I discover that it isn't Peter standing before me—it's Wolverine.

"Wolverine, what in the...?" I begin, perplexed by this unexpected turn of events.

"No time to explain," he interjects, grabbing my arm. "We need to get away from here quickly. Sabertooth is after me."

Before I can fully process the situation, the ground quakes, and a formidable mutant descends, blocking our path. With a low growl, I push Peter-Wolverine behind me, shielding him from harm. "Hold him off with those claws of yours and make your escape," I command, my voice resolute.

His response catches me off guard. "No way. Even if I'm in a different body, I'm not leaving you," he asserts, determination etched upon his face. I give him a piercing stare with my golden eyes before leaping at the super-villain, launching myself into a fierce clash.

Though physically imposing, his size does not guarantee victory. With each passing moment, my dragon form becomes more pronounced, my human skin vanishing completely, replaced by the scaled visage of a dragon. My anger, a relentless inferno, threatens to consume me, but I exert every ounce of control to prevent it from engulfing the mortal before me.

Curling my tail around him, I maintain a firm grip, my draconic form radiating power. Scales, where skin would typically be, cloak my body. My fury burns with an intensity I strive to restrain, ensuring this encounter does not end in the mortal's demise, for now.

With a resolute snarl, I issue a final warning to the golden-furred cat warrior, striking him with a powerful blow that renders him unconscious. The subsequent events unfold swiftly, the details blurring as the situation resolves itself.

Though a temporary calm settles upon us, I can't help but harbor a lingering sense of uncertainty. As the world around me returns to its semblance of normalcy, a glimmer of hope flickers within my being. I desperately cling to the belief that this newfound tranquility will endure.

However, deep within, a voice whispers a cautionary note, reminding me that peace is often fleeting and that the trials we face as heroes are never truly over. Uncertainty lingers like a shadow, a reminder of the ever-present challenges that lie ahead.

Only time will reveal the true extent of what awaits us. For now, I can only hope that the currents of fate will steer us towards a brighter and more stable future.