Chapter 9

She slept so well last night.

She woke, stretched, and headed to her bathroom. For a moment she remembered what helped give her a goodnight's sleep. Seeing all of Tristan!

He was in her bathroom, standing right where she was standing. She did not see a trace of him there, it was like he was never there. She did her business, washed her hands, brushed her teeth, and washed her face. She took off her pajamas to get ready for a shower.

Then she realized, he could easily walk in on her.

She checked to see if the door was locked. It was not. Cracking the door open a bit, she peered inside to see if he was still asleep.

He was not there. His bed was perfectly made as if he never slept in it. It was nearly eleven in the afternoon already, he seemed to be an early riser.

She closed the door, locked it, and finished preparing for the day. All refreshed and ready for another boring day at home, she grabbed her phone and headed downstairs. She saw a text from her sister that she would be out all Saturday hanging with some friends and perhaps sleeping over.

Tristan was nowhere to be found. She headed to the basement to listen for signs he was there but heard nothing. She rushed over to the window in front of the house, looking out to see if his truck was parked in front. Nope.

No one thought to think she wanted to hang out since she had no car to get around. She was supposed to go to Forest Park today and visit one of the museums, but now she did not feel up to it.

She made a big bowl of cereal, got comfy on the sofa, remote in hand, and watched mindless television for a while. After she finished eating, she lay sprawled out on the sofa, thinking she needed to get out today. She wondered what it would be like to have a life.

About an hour later, the alarm on her phone beeped letting her know someone was at the door. She grabbed it to see, it was Tristan coming home. She sat up quickly, smoothed out her messy ponytail, then pretended she was relaxed and chilling as he walked into the living room.

He was holding a bag of McDonald's, and his head was down on his phone but when he noticed her, he looked up. "Hey."

"Hey." This was an awkward moment, her thinking of what she saw, and he probably felt some kind of way. "You umm...went out to get breakfast? I mean...lunch now."

"Naa," he stated. "I stayed over a...a friend's last night." She noticed the hesitation when he decided to call someone a friend. "You good?"

She nodded. What was she going to do with the fact that the boy was not into her and into other girls? She knew this, still in the back of her mind there was hope. Wishful thinking.

Tristan sat his bag on the dining room table and then walked off. At least he was here now and she would have some company. Then she heard the downstairs shower running.

He was taking a shower? Nosy her, crept up and tiptoed down the hall and peeped around the corner where the bathroom was located. The door was closed, there was no show to see.

Why was she a peeping Tom now?

He took a long shower, and when he came back, he had on shorts and a wrinkled T-shirt. He looked so sexy in that. He sat in the dining room, put earbuds in, and ate his food while he listened to music.

He was in a mood. Whatever girl he...slept with last night, maybe she did all the things with him. Lucky girl.

She did not realize she was staring at him eat till he glanced over at her. He must have food in his mouth because he licked both lips before turning back and finishing his burger in one last bite. She crumpled the wrapper, stuffed it in the bag, balled it all up, and left it on the table.