Chapter 15

"Why is your room so messy!"

Johanna had gone into her sister's room early one morning and jumped into bed with her. Besides all of the things all over her floor, she slept with clothes all over her bed. She was never this messy when they shared a bedroom, then again, she would always clean up after her.

Zee peeped over her covers, mean mugged her. "Girl what? It's my day off from school and work and you're nagging at me like a wife."

She laughed and hugged her sister, in a happy mood for some reason. "And the annoying little sister you love. Happy birthday!"

"My birthday is tomorrow."

"Then let's celebrate today and tomorrow. What do you want to do? Want me to make you breakfast?"

"Not if it's tofu."

Zee actually tried most of her vegan food. Some she liked and some she did not. At least she would try it.

"Pancakes?"

"If you wanta."

She hugged her sister again. "I cannot believe you will be twenty-one."

"Imma get lit tomorrow." Zee pushed the covers away and sat up on the bed. "I'll be down in a bit. Make a lot of good, I'm starving!"

Johanna headed downstairs to the kitchen to make pancakes. She used a box mix that was vegan and added vegan eggs and they tasted good to her, and Zee liked them. There was pre-cooked bacon and sausage she would also warm up for her. She had no problem touching meat or anything, she just refused to eat it.

She had a couple of pancakes finished and sitting on a platter when Tristan walked in, shirtless.

"Smells good." He looked over what she was making, grabbed a pancake, folded it, and stuffed it in his mouth.

"Hey!"

"Ugh!" He spit it all out in the trash can. "The hell is that?"

"That's what you get for eating something that is not for you."

"Message delivered," he said and headed into his bathroom. He stopped and turned to her. "Hey, I'm going to shower, no peeking in, perv."

She giggled at him as he closed the door.

Zee came down all dressed in a black fitted tee and black jeans, as she was plating her food Pancakes, strawberry syrup, bacon, sausage, and cut-up oranges.

"This a lot better than the junk food I eat, so I'm going in." Zee did not sit at the table, she grabbed a fork and started eating while she stood and held the plate. "Bustin!"

"Tristan didn't seem to think so."

"Fuck him, sis." Zee continued to eat. "Wanta go down to Museum of Transport with me to celebrate."

She groaned at her sister. Looking at old cars and trains. How was that any fun? That place was how Zee became fascinated with cars. One of the few places their father took them to when they were growing up.

"How is that any fun for me?"

"Because it's my day and you love me, sis."

The bathroom door opened and Tristan walked out with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. She smiled big looking at him.

"Man!" Zee grabbed her and held her hand over her eyes. "You can't be walking around like that while we're here."

"My bad, hell, but I live here too and if I gotta bring my Black ass all the way down here to shower, ya just gotta deal."