Chapter 33

"I don't want the summer to be over."

"Why?"

"Because then I can't spend all day with you." She wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled next to him. "Thanks for being a great boyfriend. I know I'm...young and naive as you think about sex, so thanks for being patient with me."

"I'm not being patient, I'm being polite. You deserve that." He kissed her forehead. "And even when we both get back to school we can spend time together."

"You mean, if we tell Zee and stop hiding."

"You know Zee is gonna' flip."

Maybe, but how much longer could they hide? Zee had to see that Tristan was different now. He was not bringing girls over or going out to meet up with girls, so obviously he was not sleeping around. Without saying it, he was showing her he was a good boyfriend. She had to see that.

"How does your schedule work? Like Zee? You will be at Ranken all day?"

"Six hours of classes with an hour lunch break, so yes. Five days a week."

That was brutal. It was a good thing she had a lot of virtual classes and only needed to be on campus two days out of the week.

"Will you be working fixing stuff for other people?"

"I have to. I need to make money, pay my rent here, and have money to spoil my girlfriend here," he said with a grin at her.

"You know you don't need to buy me anything."

"I don't need to. I want to." He planted a few kisses on her lips. "All that vegan food is expensive as hell."

She giggled at him. "It is not! I try not to eat all the fake meat stuff, just sometimes. As a treat. You really should look into eating healthier."

"I'm trying to build muscle, not get skinny. But I respect that you stick to your guns and reasons for eating rabbit food. Let a brother stick to whatever he wants to eat."

She ran her fingers through his braids. "I want to do your hair."

"What do you mean? You want to braid it?"

"Sure. I mean, who usually does your hair?"

Tristan did not say anything for a moment then replied. "Whatever girl wanted to do it. Or my mom."

She rolled her eyes at that/ "Well, I can do it for you now. Come on, let me."

"A'ight lil bit." He sat down on the floor in front of her. She smiled for a moment before she did anything. She remembered first meeting him and wanting to play in his long hair.

She began to take down his individual braids that had been there for a while. His hair was so soft and wavy that she could not wait to play in it.

"That feels good," he said and she massaged her fingers through his hair.

"Will you ever cut your hair?"

"Maybe one day. I don't know. Come on, let me go wash my hair." He stood from the sofa and headed into the kitchen with her behind him. He stopped and turned to her. "Where are you going?"

"We're washing your hair right?"

"Yeah, I'm going in the shower."

"Oh," she simply said. Her grandmother used to wash her hair bent over in the kitchen sink. She thought that's what they were doing. "Okay, go wash your hair."

"I'll be right back."

While he washed his hair, she sat in the kitchen and scrolled through her phone playing on apps and waiting for him. Tristan finally came out, a towel around his waist, a towel around his shoulders for his hair. It waved up so cute she could not wait to play in it again.