Chapter 26

After dinner and lots of chatting with her sister, they both lounged out on the couch and did nothing. Tristan had already gone upstairs and said he was hitting the bed early because he wanted to get up early for his workout.

Then Zee finally wanted to head off to sleep so she went ahead and went upstairs as well. She was a night owl. At night she wanted to stay up as long as possible while she read a book. She tried that for a while, tossed that aside then grabbed her grandmother's journal. She was at the good part, her grandmother was getting married to her grandfather.

Dear Diary,

This is what I have dreamed of since I first laid eyes on him. I am marrying Gregory tomorrow. This man is my everything and I can not wait to start my life with him. Everything is so perfect. Well, I hope it will be.

Some say I'm too young to get married but I'm eighteen and I have met the man I want to spend my life with. Why wait? I still will finish college. I can still explore the world if I choose. But what better way to do that than with Gregory at my side?

Gregory is my friend. My best friend. He is my confidant. I can tell him anything and he will listen. My hope and dreams for the future, we share that. And he is my lover, and I know I will never, ever need anyone else in that way.

Words can not describe the love I feel for this man.

Tomorrow I will be Mrs. Daniels!

Thinking of how happy her grandmother was, and feeling some of that now with Tristan, she missed him already. She got out of bed and went into her bathroom, then softly knocked on the door connecting his bedroom.

"Jo?"

She opened the door and walked into his room. The lights were off and it was very dark in his room, but she could see his outline in the bed under the covers.

"You're sleeping?"

"Not anymore." He sat up in the bed. "What's up?"

"Can I sleep in your bed with you?" She did not bother to hear his reply, she walked to the other side of the bed and pulled the covers down.

"I don't do the sleeping in bed thing."

"Huh? What?" She leaned close to him to kiss him. He was shirtless, and she wanted to rub her hands all over his chest.

"You don't listen to me, huh?" he said. "I don't do all the cuddling and stuff."

"Then it's fine, I'll do all the cuddling." She moved as close as she could to him and wrapped her arms around him.

"Jo," he whispered. "Some things may...wake up down there."

"What things?"

Tristan groaned at her. "Just go to sleep and let me get some sleep okay." He kissed her forehead.

He snored, but she loved hearing it. He was fast asleep in minutes, while she lay there snuggled so close to him. Even though he said he did not like to cuddle, he threw an arm around her and held her sometime after he was fast asleep.

She kept her hands on his chest, rubbing it, wishing she could see all of his tattoos in the light. She thought of all the drama they went through just to be together. The drama they still had to go through to hide it from her sister.

What if she walked into his room and saw her in bed with him?

She fell asleep, again, having one of the best sleeps of her life. She thought she would wake up with Tristan still holding her, but when she opened her eyes, he was not there. She was a deep sleeper once she was asleep, so she didn't even feel him get out the bed.