Aaj Bhi

Preeti fell against the door with uncontrollable sobs as she clasped Prem's picture close to her heart. It was entirely her fault. Prem was actually killed by her, and if this hadn't happened and they had been secure at home, Prem would have been next to her. Never once did he consider himself or what would happen after he devoted his life to her. All of this would not have occurred if he hadn't struggled to save her and she had just perished inside the explosion. Poor Vivek and Vinod were in pain because there were no longer three brothers for life. Since he was constantly there for Sapna, she was also in great pain. He was Sadhana's Chota Bhaiya even at the time of her marriage, therefore her anguish was unimaginable. Sangeeta and Anand were in despair over what had occurred. The individual who would be the most affected had almost slipped her mind. Priya couldn't stop thinking about her father, who was her life, and the reason for her heartbeat. "Kya aap theek hain Maa? Kya aapake man mein Papa hai(Are you okay, Mama? Do you have Papa on your mind?)" She was crying to the point that her tears had been washed away. Preeti was waiting for her when she ran over and gave her a warm embrace. Right now, she was the only cause for breathing. When the doorbell rang out unexpectedly, Vivek hurried to open it. After the funeral, no one ever paid them a visit, and over two and a half years had gone by since Prem's death. "Hum aapaki saari sampatti ekatr karane ke liye yahaan hain. Aapake parivaar ko ab is haveli ka maalikaana adhikaar nahi hai kyonki aap lagabhag do varshon mein bandhak ka bhugataan karane mein viphal rahe hain. Turant chale jao(We are here to collect all of your possessions. Your family no longer has the right to own this mansion because you failed to pay the mortgage in about two years. Leave immediately!)" As everyone went downstairs, he shoved Vivek away. "Koi bhi hamen yah ghar chhodane ke liye majaboor nahi karega(No one will force us to leave this house)", Vinod said, grabbing the man's collar in his response. "Ise koi nasht nahi kar paega kyonki isamen hamaari yaaden aur khaas pal shaamil hain(No one will be able to destroy this because it contains our memories and special times.)" "He is right", Sapna continued, her tone harsh. "Even attempting won't work." The men pull the kids forcefully while dragging them one at a time. Raj and Priya were almost knocked down as Preeti caught them. "Aaie in dukhi logon se yahaan se baahar nikalen. Hum vaapas aaenge kyonki yah ghar hamaara hai aur kabhee nasht nahi hoga.(Let's get out of here from these miserable men. We will come back since this home belongs to us and will never be destroyed.)" While they all ran, tears streaming down their faces, Preeti held Sangeeta's hands. "Hum kaheen bhi jeevit nahi rah sakate. Hum jaroorat ki sthiti mein hain(We cannot survive anywhere. We are in a state of need)" Preeti was aware that she needed to take the family's leadership on decisions. "Dharaavi ek gaanv hai jo hamaare Mumbai ke kareeb hai. Haalaanki yah rahane ke liye duniya ke sabase kharaab sthaanon mein se ek hai, phir bhi log hamen aasaani se bhojan aur aashray pradaan kar sakate hain. Isake alaava koi chaara nahi hai(Dharavi is a village that we have close to Mumbai. Although it is one of the worst locations in the world to live, people can readily provide us with food and shelter. There is no other choice but this.)" Vinod boldly declared, "Main Preeti didi se sahamat hoon. Hamane har us cheez ka aanand liya hai jisaki ek vyakti apane poore jeevan mein ichchha kar sakata hai, jisamen vaataanukoolit aavaas, shaanadaar bhojan aur dijainar kapade shaamil hain. Lekin hamaare Prem, Mummy ji aur Papa ne aag ki lapaton mein jo jhela, usaki tulana mein yah kuchh bhi nahi hai(I agree with Preeti didi. We have enjoyed everything a person could possibly desire during our entire lives, including air-conditioned accommodations, opulent meals, and designer clothes. But this is nothing compared to what our Prem, Mummy Ji, and Papa went through in the blaze of flames)" They endured a long, scorching, and hungry climb before reaching the settlement. Although it was cramped, noisy, and stinky, they eventually discovered a warm refuge. "Bhale hi hamane unake jeevan mein sab kuchh kho diya ho, koi bhi parivaar ko nasht nahi kar paega. Yahi pyaar aur parivaar kee taakat hai.(Even if we lost everything in their life, no one will be able to destroy the family. That is the strength of love and family.)" They give one other a loving and emotional hug.