Maafi-Forgiveness

Priya had been working on her most beloved piece of art, "Memories," while seated at the desk. She was stunned to see him back when the front door opened unexpectedly. "Tum vaapas kyon aaye ho? Tumane mere saath jo kiya usake liye mujhe bura mahasoos karaana. Ya yadi aap chaahen to aap mera jeevan le sakate hain. Duhkhamay jeevan ka doosara vikalp mrtyu hai(Why on earth have you come back? To make me feel worse for what you did to me. Or you can have my life if you so choose. The other option to a life of sorrow is death.)" With floods in his eyes, Arjun cupped her mouth in his hands. "Priya, tum kya bakavaas kah rahi ho? Kya aap sachamuch maanate hain ki main aapake samaan dard ke star se nahi guzar raha hoon? Mere Dad ne mujhe shaadi ke liye lagabhag majaboor kar diya tha, lekin unhonne mujhase kaha ki main tumhaare paas vaapas aa jaoon kyonki Alima bahut achchi thi. Kya ab tumhaare dil mein mere liye jagah nahi hai(Priya, what heck are you saying? Do you really believe that I am not going through the same level of pain as you? My father almost forced me to be married, but she told me to come back to you because of how great Alima was. Do you no longer have room in your heart for me?)" She sobbed uncontrollably in his arms as she gave him an emotional hug. "Never do that to me again." Prem is ecstatic as he watches this and Arjun kisses her forehead. As she responded, "Pap-Papa," she abruptly became conscious of Prem. "How is this even possible?" Arjun was going to speak when Prem could no longer contain his anguish. Priya's eyes were burning with tears as he told her the entire tale. She gives him a hug as he tenderly envelops her. Arjun wipes away his own tears after learning that Raja and Kiara were present. "Aap dono ko jald se jald shaadi kar leni chaahiye. Arjun ke Mom aur Dad niraash hone ke baavajood hum Joshi parivaar se kyon nahi poochhate?(The two of you must get married as soon as possible. Why don't we ask the Joshi family even though Arjun's parents are frustrated?)" The following day, Prem was upset at what they were dealing with when they headed to Dharavi. When Sadhana approached the door, she was in complete bewilderment to see Prem standing there. "Prem, bhaiya! Lekin tum to pahale hi mar chuke the(But you were already dead.)" Preeti sprinted as quickly as she could down the stairs as soon as she overheard his name. "Prem!" As he embraced his wife in his grasp after 20 years, she gave him a heartfelt, astonished, and loving hug. The entire family was ecstatic to see Prem alive, and it was an emotion that can't be put into words. 

As everyone heard about him being put to death once more, he described the entire incident. "Hame use vaapas laane ke turant baad kyon jaane dena chaahiye? Lekin hum yah sunishchit karenge ki aapake saath kuchh bhi bura na ho. Kya tum kuchh lena chaahoge(Why do we have to let him leave right after we got him back? But we'll make sure nothing bad happens to you. Would you like anything?)" Prem stated his final request as he looked affectionately at Priya and Arjun. "Main chaahata hoon ki Priya aur Arjun ki shaadi ko hamaare parivaar ka aasheervaad mile. Ek Muslim Pakistani hone ke baavajood, mainne apane bete ki ek-doosare ke prati gahare pyaar mein eemaanadaari dekhi hai. Meri bas yahi chaahat hai(I want Priya and Arjun's marriage to be blessed by our family. Despite being a Muslim Pakistani, I have observed my son's sincerity in their deep love for one another. I only have this wish.)" Preeti responded, shaking her head strongly, "Durbhaagy se, vah anurodh sveekaar nahi kiya jaega kyonki Priya ek Hindustani se shaadi karane ja rahi hai. Yah shaadi tab tak nahi hogi jab tak main jeevit hoon(Unfortunately, that request will not be granted because Priya is going to marry an Indian. This marriage won't take place as long as I am alive.)" Arjun and Priya's hearts were torn apart when Prem got out of the house with anger and took the kids with him. No matter what, he will arrange for their marriage. "Tum dono ko turant mandir ke saamane hei vivaah kar lena chaahiye. Sindoor, Mungalsutra aur angoothiyaan yahaan hain. Aapako mera aasheervaad hai, bhale hi baaki sabhi log is baare mein alag tarah se sochate hon(You two must get married right away right in front of the temple. The sindoor, the mangalsutra, and the rings are here. You have my blessings even if everyone else feels differently about this.)" The only guests for their wedding were Prem, Kiara, and Raja, as well as Zoya and Advik. As they finally became husband and wife, they carried out the ceremony with love. Prem, Priya, and Arjun shared an enjoyable life together and cherished one another. As Diwali approached, Sadhana sent gifts to wish them happiness. Only she and Sapna gave their union their blessing. "Priya, meri Jerry. Diwali ki shubhakaamanaen. Hamaara parivaar pahali Diwali romaanchak banaana chaahata hai(Priya, my Jerry. Cheers to Diwali. Our family wants to have an exciting first Diwali.)" He gave her a tender look as she fed him sweets. He honored the pooja she performed for him as well. Songs, dances, a delectable feast, and a huge celebration with fireworks were all part of the festivities.