Vyagr-Bewildered

For a few months, Priya and Arjun plan to live with Priya's family. Because they want Arjun to be a wonderful son-in-law for them, Anaya and Azad are incredibly thrilled for them. "Utkrsht prabhaav daalane ke liye shubhakaamanae. Priya ke liye aap sabase mahaan pati bane. Use hamesha ke liye pyaar karo(Good luck making an outstanding impression. Be the greatest husband you can be for Priya. Love her forever.)" They said farewell and boarded a plane for Mumbai. Next, they took a car to Dharavi. As they rushed, the entire family waited for them. When Arjun went out alone to fetch the groceries yesterday night, he contacted them. He gave them a detailed explanation of everything. Priya looked perplexed as they all gave her hugs. "Kya ve mera parivaar hai? Yah hai vo jagah jahaan main rahata hoon(Are they my family? This is where I live.)" He grinned at her and nodded. Preeti and Prem blessed her, and she quickly touched their feet. Preeti gave Arjun an in-depth inspection. "Phir aap Arjun Aziz hai. Maine tumhaare baare mein bahut kuch suna hai. Is ghar mein maryaada jaroori hai. Hame yah tay karana hoga ki hum aapako sveekaar kar sakate hain ya nahi(You are Arjun Aziz, then. I've heard a lot about you. In this home, modesty is a must. We must determine whether we can accept you or not.)" As they all departed with Priya for lunch, Arjun became anxious. Prem backed up and placed his hand on Arjun's shoulder. "Preeti ko ab bhi tumhaare baare mein kuch shankae hai. Us par achcha prabhaav daale. Main aapake liye praarthana karoonga(Preeti still has some reservations about you. Make a good impression on her. I'll say a prayer for you.)" As they walked to lunch, he gave him a bear embrace. Preeti initiated the conversation when it fell silent. "Maine apani beti Arjun ke saath aapaki samasyaon ke baare mein suna hai. Kaash Parul abhi theek hoti(I've heard about your problems with my daughter, Arjun, so. I wish Parul were doing well right now.)" Arjun lowered his gaze and nodded. He was spoken to by Prem. "Preeti, vah haal hi mein kaafi badal gaya hai. Vah hamaare daamaad ke roop mein apani yogyata pradarshit karenge(Preeti, he has changed significantly recently. He'll demonstrate his worth as our son-in-law.)" Preeti nodded as everyone walked out. "Arjun, aaj tum hi bartan dho rahe ho(Arjun, you are the one washing the dishes today)", Preeti retorted. "Kya yah sab theek hai(Is that all right?)" Preeti responded before Prem, who was speechless, when he said, "Lekin Preet(But Preet-)". "Main koi shikaayat nahi sunana chaahata(I don't want to hear any complaints.)" Arjun nodded as he cleaned the dishes carefully in the kitchen. After checking over the dishes, Preeti assigned him the day's next assignment. "Turant khet ki safai karana aur jaanavaron ko khaana khilaana shuru kare. Gaayen to aaj ke liye hai(Start cleaning the farm and feeding the animals right away. Cows are for today.)" Due to Arjun's high position, Prem felt bewildered by Preeti. "Zaroor, Mummy ji, main aisa karoonga. Main sachcha hoon(Sure, Mummy ji, I'll do that. I'm genuine.)" He left the house to get the hay. While sleeping outside the hay, he scooped all the manure. The sudden arrival of Sadhana to summon him inside. "My dear, main aapaki madad ki saraahana karata hoon. Yadyapi Preeti Choti ne aaj tumhe bahut kasht diya hai, parantu isaka laabh avashy hoga. Andar aao(I appreciate your help. Although Preeti Choti has caused you a lot of suffering today, it will be worthwhile. Step inside.)" As Sadhana pulled him, he nodded. He had to feed the chickens and collect their eggs the following morning. Then he started the tractor. He put in a lot of effort without raising any demands or complaints. Arjun was a wealthy and carefree man before he started to learn about real life, therefore it was a remarkable transition for him. Preeti was serious as she spoke, despite Prem's intense discomfort. While he could, he interacted with Priya and provided for her needs. "Mama tumhe bahut pareshaan kar rahi hai. Maine aapako jo kasht aur asuvidha pahunchai usake liye mujhe bahut khed hai. Maine kabhi usase yah ummeed nahi ki thi(Mama is causing you a lot of trouble. I am very sorry for all the suffering and inconvenience I caused you. I never anticipated this from her.)" "Parul, yah tumhaari ya Mummy ji  ki galati nahi hai(Parul, this is not your or Mummy ji's fault)," he exclaimed while shaking his head. "Unaka meri pareeksha lena sahi hai kyonki agar main unaki jagah hota to main bhi yahi karata. Main khoj raha hoon ki jeevan kaisa hai.(She is right to put me to the test since I would have done the same thing if I were in her position. I'm discovering what life is like.)" He kissed her forehead as she flung her arms around him in a tight embrace. When he observed Shruti attempting to play with the other children, he went outdoors. "Ek ladaki hamaari team ke liye basketball kyon khelegi? Vah kamazor hai(Why would a girl play basketball for our team? She is weak.)" She retorted, "Sirf ladake hi kyon bane champion(Why only boys should be the champions)," in an attempt to defend herself. "Ladakiyon mein adhik shakti hoti hai. Cheater(Girls possess greater power. Cheater.)" Arjun made the decision to take matters into his own hands while supporting Amir. "Amir sahi hai. Shruti dekhiye, ladake hamesha ladakiyon se jyaada majaboot hote hain(Amir is correct. See Shruti, boys are always stronger than girls-)" Before he could finish, a voice interrupted him, saying, "Kaun kehta hai? Aao Shruti, dikhane ki hum kya kar sakte hai(Says who? Come on Sruthi, let's demonstrate what we can do.)" The basketball game between Shruti and Priya on the female team and Amir and Arjun on the boys team was being watched by the town. The ball is first in the lads' possession when they hurl it into the hoop. The girls then seize it and weave around the defense to put it in the net. The game was heated and thrilling and soon it was about to end. "Choonki muqabla barabari ka hai, isalie vijeta ka phaisala antim shot se hoga. Pratiyogita kaun jeetega(Since there is a tie, the winner will be decided by the final shot. Who will win the competition?)" The ball is in the girls' grasp as they pass it to Priya. Suddenly, Arjun appears and removes the sash from her saree. "Parul, your saree." He snatches it while she adjusts it and flings it onto their hoop. "Aur ladake jeet gae(And the boys win!)" Priya smiles at him while feeling a twinge of annoyance that he cheated. "Dekho Parul, ladake hamesha vijeta hote hai(See Parul, boys are the winners always.)" She replied while rolling her eyes at the girls. "Ve sirf cheat dena jaanate hai(They only know how to cheat.)" "Hum unhe maat de sakate hai(We can outsmart them)", Arjun answers, grinning confidently. "Right, Amir?" "Right," agrees Amir and gives him a high-five. Priya beams at their connection.