Ms. Bailey

I told her "Grab Alex and run. As far and as fast as you can go." but she wouldn't listen "What-" Before she could speak I pushed her and in a half yell half whisper I told her "GO! QUICK! Nothing else matters right now just go. I'll be fine." and she hesitated but I guess the adrenaline kicked in Because she did run, I could tell she didn't want to but her body made her run away with Alex as I said. I could feel the police approach but yet there wasn't any panic in my system, in fact, I was calm. The police tried arresting me but the next thing I knew I had a gun in my hand, I didn't mean for them to die it just happened. One minute they were alive and breathing with families to go home to, but now... they were everywhere... bits of them spread out with everything near painted red. Did I really want to live like this? A cold-blooded killer? that's how they saw me anyway. nothing more than a serial killer to bring in for their crimes. I walked away from the scene, not too far away but far enough and laid down in an open field. It was a nice place, very peaceful, and all I could think was how nice it would be for this to be the last thing I ever saw. I doubt anybody would miss a killer as bad as me, someone, who's killed more than they can count. And with this thought, I take a knife out of pocket, One of my nicer ones and slowly press it into my chest and relax. I looked at the stars, at the moon, at the trees, and the river before closing my eyes and accepting my fate...