第10章

Video Clip

Niki entered the lobby of an apartment building. There were five floors and his home was on the fourth. He prefers using the stairs than the elevator since the elevator is often broken and he doesn't want to get stuck there right now. And the other reason is that when he was four years old he got stuck there and sat there for hours crying alone untill the janitor noticed the broken lift and opened the door with tools. Niki still remembers it till this day.

The front door of his apartment was reddish brown with a typical letterbox. He dug his left back pocket of his loose jeans to find his house key. At least he had the key today. Usually it may be forgotten on his bed and he has to pick the lock with a hairpin, if he has one with him. If not, he asks the lady from the next door to borrow one.

It was quiet when he entered inside. His mom was home, but she was sleeping, he guessed. Niki quietly went to his room and plunged on his bed.

-

"Honey, you're home." Mrs. Nishimura opened Niki's door slowly and saw the boy sitting on his bed and doing something on his phone.

"Oh, yeah. You were sleeping when I came back. I didn't want to wake you up."

Niki's mother sat besides him on his bed, "How was the trip?"

"Great."

"Just great? I though field trips were more exciting." His mother said assuming.

"Yeah, it was fun, really."

"Well, should we go for a walk and buy some sweets? I missed you my dear son." She stood up and ruffled Niki's hair while smiling.

"Sure."

-

After the walk outside with his mother he sat down on the sofa in the living room. He had some sweets that her mother bought for them. He took his phone and scrolled down the school's chat messages looking for some new gossips while his mother turned on the TV to look for a movie to watch together. His small smile rapidly faded.

What the hell?! Who the fuck uploaded this?! No.. I think I already know who did it. I'm gonna actually kill her this time

"Maybe this one?" His mother suggested and showed a movie description on the television screen. Niki snapped out from his phone to the reality. "Yeah, it sounds good." He stuttered.

~

After the weekend and after the three days field trip Hitoimi was back at school. She found Mina on the first floor and was now walking with her to their next class. It was really tiring, like every monday should be. She just wanted to go back home and sleep on her soft mattress. Yuma didn't seem tired at all when Hitomi saw him running towards them. "Girls!"

"What? Why are you always running?" Hitomi inquired tiredly.

Yuma ignored her question and continued, "Should I ask her out? She's so cute..." He murmured hesitantly and played with his fingers waiting for the girls to answer.

"Totally!" Mina said nodding her head while gazing at Hitomi and waiting for her to encourage him too. But she had no idea who were they talking about.

"What ask who out?" Hitomi frowned in confusion.

"Hikaru!" Mina and Yuma simultaneusly yell-whispered.

"Ohh.. right." Hitomi understood. "Well, I think you should ask her out, of course, if you like her."

"Alright! I'll ask her when I'm ready." Yuma showed that determined and proud look. "Let's go eat now."