第46章

Date

Niki chose a small table with a two-person sofa as a seat. It was in a corner and Niki motioned for Hitomi to sit on the very corner. She sat there and then Niki sat right next to her. "What's wrong?" He asked.​ 

"Nothing." Hitomi assured. Niki wrapped his arm around Hitomi's upper back, stroking it and came right up against the skin. Hitomi was a little confused by how clingy he was suddenly. His other hand began to stroke Hitomi's head and her hair. 

​"What are you doing?" She asked in a little confusion and turned to face him. 

"I'm just touching you. I'm not allowed to?" Niki inquired. Somehow Hitomi's stomach filled with butterflies, after what he said. 

"I didn't mean that. Only that, there are other people here.." Hitomi noted. Otherwise, it didn't bother her that Niki was that close, but they hadn't done something like that in front of others and it felt a little uncomfortable.

"Alright, sorry." Niki said and took his hands away. "Drink now." He urged and took a sip of his own black coffee. 

"You seem to know that man. Do you come here often?" Hitomi asked, while drinking her hot chocolate. 

"Yeah. I often come alone here to drink and eat something. Of course I would come with my friends, but they have nothing to come to the mountains with, you know? And him, he's a friend more than just a cashier. I usually chat with him when I come alone. He's nice and funny." Niki said and pointed at the man behind the counter.

"Mm. I see." Hitomi replied.

​-

After drinking their beverages, Niki took Hitomi to a small room where was a pool table and darts. There was also a couch and a television. In the room there were no others at the moment and that was great. 

"Do you know how to play pool?" Niki asked her, while he roamed and looked around the room.

"No." She answered.

"Okay, let's play darts then." He suggested and turned on the darts game. It was the electronic version, maybe for safety reasons, since there can also be drunk people in there. 

Niki took the darts from a small basket next to the machine and quickly divided those for two. "There." He said and gave half of the darts to Hitomi. "Ladies first."

​Hitomi backed behind the line where the darts are supposed to be thrown and aimed to the board. She threw one, but it wasn't even close to hit the intended area.

"Ayy. What was that?" Niki chuckled teasingly.

"Hey! It was just my first one. I haven't warmn up yet." Hitomi defended and took another dart to aim it next. It didn't hit the board either, and wasn't even close. 

"You're doing it wrong. I'll show you." Niki noted. He took one of his darts and showed how to do it right. The dart flew straight towards the center, but didn't hit the exact center, still very close. Hitomi's jaw slowly dropped. Why is he so good?

"You try again." He urged and went a little behind her again. This time she tried to aim it like Niki just showed her, but no. The dart flew closer to the center, but rebounded to the floor.

"Okay, I'll help you." Niki decided. He came right behind Hitomi's back, took hold of Hitomi's right hand, while his other hand held Hitomi's left upper arm. He crouched enough to see from where Hitomi was looking ahead to aim her hand right. 

She felt his warm breath on her nape and his big frame right behind her. Hitomi could swear she got chills when he got that close. Niki caressed her hand before letting go. She didn't move it as he got it in a certain position.