第18章

A Rough Game

Niki had the ball in his possession. He was heading to the opposite goal until a really heavy nudge came from behind. It wasn't an accident push, it was utterly intentional. His feet couldn't hold him and he fell on the ground. 

"What the fuck!" Niki shouted in rage to the gyu who shoved him, but that gyu just kept going with the ball and didn't care about him, as expected, of course. He was from the opposite team.

Ahh shit. Disrespectful assholes.

Niki didn't first realize that he fell on his right arm and now felt a deadly pain in it. He sat up by the support of his other arm and then held the hurt one. 

PHWWWWW

"BREAK!" 

Yuma who was the closest to Niki, quickly ran to him and crouched to his height as he was still sitting on the grass. "Gosh! Are you okay!?" He frantically asked.

"Fuck no." Niki replied and began to get up from the ground.

Yuma didn't inquire more about it and offered his hand to help him up. Niki took his hand and patted Yuma's back after he was on his feet again. They were heading to the locker room, when Hitomi came running from the stand. "They are playing so dirty!" She angrily guaranteed when she arrived to them.

"Well we saw that." Yuma declared.

Niki sighed, "They've always played unfair to win. So that's why we must get the victory today, no matter what." He swore while panting slowly. His eyes wrinkled more than usually. His face was pale and it looked like he was in pain. 

Niki tried his best to act it out, but couldn't ignore the pain totally. Soon his arm didn't feel that much pain anymore, but his body was shaking and he could feel the cold sweat dropping down his neck.

"Are you okay, Niki?" Hitomi inquired calmly and wiped some grass from his jersey. Niki turned his gaze at her and smirked, "What? Are you worried about me?"

"No!" She denied.

"Let's go to the nurse now." Yuma suggested hastily.

"Exactly, go already." Hitomi urged and waved her hand to assign them to start moving already. She walked back to the stand and sat down on her seat.

When is this gonna end? Feels like I've been sitting here for hours. And what if Yuma gets hurt next?

-

"Do you feel anything?" The nurse asked while she was palpating Niki's arm gently. 

"Yeah- Don't press so hard, it hurts like hell." Niki snapped. The nurse took her hand away, backed up a little and crossed her arms. "Don't talk to me in that tone, I think you're just being a little overdramatic, you big guy." She said with a small smile and hit Niki's shoulder lightly. 

Niki knew the nurse from before, for being so much in the nurse's room, so he could talk to her comfortably, like to an older relative.

"I'm serious, you must not have come close to breaking your arm yourself?" Niki said disapprovingly, as she wasn't taking him seriously.

"Okay, okay. I believe you. Did it crack or anything?" The nurse inquired.

​"Well, I couldn't hear over the noises from the stand.."

The nurse gave a worrisome look,  "And, how did it get hurt actually?"

Niki thought for an answer for a brief moment, "I kinda fell on top of it and it remained in a peculiar position, so that's it."