第50章

Protectors

Mina took Hitomi to a girls bathroom. She took a paper, watered it and started to clean the wounds on Hitomi's neck. They weren't bad, but as Mina said before, nails can leave a lot of bacteria. 

​Hitomi sat quietly on the counter, where Mina instructed her to sit. She thought about the recent events. Niki sounded so angry, that it Hitomi herself freaked out somehow. Sure, he seems to hate Sana a lot. Or maybe he just cared and was worried about Hitomi. It warmed her to think, how Niki ran to the spot and pulled her away strongly. Sure enough, Eiji was the first to run over to them and stop the fight.

"Hitomi." Mina said gently, which made Hitomi snap out from her thoughts and look Mina into her eyes. "Who seriously was that Sana? Niki and you knew her, and I guess Eiji too."

Hitomi glanced the floor for a second. She has never told Mina anything about Sana, and neither Yuma. It has only been Niki. "She's just.. A lunatic." 

"I think I already know. She likes Niki, thinks you're dating and is just being jealous. At least that's what it sounded like. Am I right?" Mina spoke. 

"Quite like that." Hitomi replied.

"But, anyway. You called Niki your boyfriend.." Mina said and smirked.

"No, I didn't?!" Hitomi raised her voice a little confused. 

"Girl, yes you did. I heard it!" Mina said excitedly.

Hitomi wasn't even sure did she call him her boyfriend or was Mina just messing with her. But she thinks she indeed might had and can't remember it, since she was heating up with the arguement. "I did?" She whispered to herself.

"You can tell me if you're actually dating. I won't tell anyone." Mina assured in curiousity.

"No, we really aren't. But I don't know, it's kinda weird.."

"Well, do you finally like him back?"

"What do you mean 'finally'? I thought you didn't like him and especially the idea that I would start dating him?" Hitomi inquired a little confused. 

"You're right. I didn't like the way he used to treat you. Maybe I was just worried you'd start hanging out with the wrong gyu, you know? But it doesn't seem to be that. I can see how he has changed. Now it feels like he could do anything for you. So, seriously,  do not care about my opinions."

​Hitomi gave her a small nod and smiled a little. "Then.. How do I know if I like him?"

"Well, I'd guess. It's just the feeling, that you want to be with the person, be close to them continually and the feeling that something is pulling you towards them all the time." Mina explained her, but she was quite unsure as well. It's a difficult thing to explain. But still, even those few sentences described Hitomi's feeling s a lot.

Hitomi was quiet for a while, pondering. "Then, can I tell you something? Promise me, you won't tell anyone." 

"Omg, yes. Tell me." Mina eagerly responded.

"I slept with him. I mean, literally slept, not that adult thing. And we kissed again, multiple times and even today at the school yard." She admitted.

"What!? How are you just now thinking, if you like him or not, knowing what you've already done?! I mean, oh my gosh. You slept with him?! And kissed him, here inside these gates?!" Mina said excitedly. "Tell me more. Tell me everything." Mina demanded and sat right next to Hitomi to listen her carefully.

Hitomi began to tell Mina about their little date even more and now with little more details. Still keeping some of their own privacy matters.

~

It was almost the P.E classes, but today those will be replaced by the basketball match. Hitomi only knew that Jo, Niki and Haruto were gonna play there, but she wasn't even sure if Yuma signed in. Still, she'd go watch that with all might.

Mina and Hitomi was met by Niki and Yuma again in the corridor. "Yuma did you sign in the match?" Hitomi asked, as she didn't have the time to ask before.

"No, not really my thing." Yuma answered her. "But Niki will." He added, even though she knew that already.

They talked for a while. Niki was pretty quiet and he kept staring at Hitomi, which made her feel a little weird about the situation. He did not stare her softly or even normally, it was a intensive, fierce and somehow intimidating. She looked back at him, trying to ask what's with him, but without any words. 

Niki then gently took Hitomi's arm and began to pull her further from Mina and Yuma. It seemed like he had to say something, so Hitomi didn't try to loosen his grip. He stopped only few meters away from them, but far enough that they might not hear.

"You won't do that anymore. Promise me. No one has the rights to hurt you and I will make sure of that, but you no longer approach Sana at all. If someone has to fight with her, then it's me, understand?" Niki forbid her, which was almost like a command. He seemed somewhat angry again, but he just cared. Right?

"But- but.. She said bad things about you." Hitomi said. She didn't really want him to think that she started the fight for no reason, and that wasn't true anyway.

"That doesn't matter. Just don't let her get under your skin." Niki replied. He didn't seem to care about what Sana had said and the fact that somebody talked shit about him anyway. What she said were lies anyway, or not all. He did slept with her, but that was a mistake. At least that's what Hitomi wants to believe, she doesn't want him to only play with her. If he does, he's doing it well..

"Then.. Are you mad at me?" Hitomi asked cautiously.

"No. Of course not. You held your own as you should. Just promise me, it won't happen again." 

Hitomi nodded at him lightly. His hand was still holding Hitomi's arm and now his other hand rose to her neck, to her wounds. He moved her hair out of the way and looked at it. It didn't look bad anymore and it wasn't red, which was a relief. 

However, he gently left his hand on her neck and leaned closer to Hitomi's face, no, her lips. "They might see." Hitomi whispered, as her hands rose on his chest to prevent him from lening closer. Mina and Yuma were only few meters away from them, but they were talking with each other as Hitomi glanced there.

"They won't see. Just a little one.." Niki hummed in anticipation. Hitomi gave in and turned her head up, tip-toeing to give him a small kiss. It was the same as that night, Hitomi reached up for a peck, but Niki turned it into a kiss. He still pulled back sooner, only because Hitomi didn't want others to see. But for him it would be okay, more than okay.