第11章

Encounter in Library

Hitomi enjoyed staying at the school's library after the school day ended. She was interested in mythical creatures example dragons, so she was looking for something nice to read.

"Hitomi"

She heard a tender whisper calling her name. Her body flinched when someone touched her shoulder from behind. She turned around and saw Niki. Hitomi's eyes widened in surprise, but she ignored him and continued exploring the bookselves.

"Don't ignore me, dwarf." Niki commanded while whispering in a sharp voice. The library was resounding and there were students studying, so he kept a low tone to not catch their attention and bother them. Hitomi stopped for a moment, but then walked to the next self acting like she didn't hear or see him at all. He followed her, willing to get her attention.

"I'm sorry for the earlier, alright?" He tried to act sincere, but obviously failed in Hitomi's opinion.

He's sorry? Yeah, right..

"I'm sorry if I frightened you."

Hitomi was taken aback and and turned to face him, "Frightened me?! I'm not afraid of gyus like you." She tried to sound confident.

"I did hear what you said back then, I'm not deaf."

She bit her lower lip and gazed the floor to think what to say next. She didn't want him to think of her as a vulnerable girl. "Well, what do you think, how a female feels when someone tries to harass them?" She replied louder and faster.

"Harass?! I did not harass you!" Niki's voice began to sound more fierce.

"SHH! Can you speak any quieter there?" A boy who was studying suddenly urged them. They both didn't reply anything, just stared at each other. 

"I'll go now." Hitomi whispered and was about to leave when Niki pulled her back by her arm and pinned her to the bookshelf. She got perplexed by his sudden move. Hitomi grapped his shirt, trying to push him back. "W-what are you doing? Get off me."

"If you accuse me of harassing you, I'll show you what that's really like."

Hitomi looked up to him abashed, but his eyes looked like he meant it. She gulped in nervousness. Hitomi gathered up her courage and stared into his eyes, "Don't, I'm gonna scream, if you touch me once again."

"Then scream." Niki succinctly replied.

Hitomi gazed him in disbelief. His head began to lean closer to her and she felt Niki's hand sliding down her waist, which made her flinch and her body became tense. It felt like her small body couldn't move at all, like she'd gotten paralyzed. Cold shivers filled her body, when she felt his warm lips gently touching her bare neck. She grapped him by the collar, trying to make him stop.

"I'm actually gonna scream, Niki."

"Go ahead, dwarf." He hummed to her ear.

Of course, she wouldn't scream, but she tried to convince him, but he seemed unbothered. Instead of screaming she gathered up her courage and rapidly pushed him and ran away. He stood there watching her to leave the library.

Tsk.. She's cute.

~

After a long and confusing day Hitomi laid on her mattress facing the ceiling.

He's so annoying. He can't touch me like that without my permission! But I didn't actually feel threathened though.. Have I gotten to know him? No.. It's because of the students in the library, we weren't alone.

~

"Our turn Hitomi. Let's move the knight."

Mina and Hitomi were against Yuma playing chess in their classroom, that Yuma bought a while ago. They were sitting besides the windows on Hitomi's desk. There were her classmates in the same classroom, since the lesson should start soon. Or really soon, because the bell rang indicating for the next subject.

"Oh shoot the bell rang. You should go to your class Yuma." Hitomi urged.

"Wait! It's my turn, one last move." Yuma started thinking what move would be a good one and observed the game pieces. The teacher walked in the classroom earlier than expected.

"Okay class, quiet down." Ms. Kimura commanded stepping behind the teacher's desk. She checked the students seeing if someone was absent. But her stare locked on Hitomi's location. "Mister Nakakita?"

"Hm, yeah?" Yuma stood up nervously when he realized the teacher came already.

"Why aren't you in your own class?"

He bowed, "I'm sorry miss, I was playing with my friends."

"Well, hurry up now, the lesson started already!" She motioned her hand, for him to start moving.

"Yes." Yuma bowed one last time and then jogged out of the room, waving at the two girls.

"Okay.. then, where is Niki?" The teacher asked. Everybody started whispering and some people said that they don't know. Hitomi turned her gaze at his empty seat.

Is he absent? Finally.

She turned to her desk having a small smile on her face, thinking that she doesn't have to see him today.

-

Niki headed peacefully to his class, knowing that he's already late. He saw someone running in the corridor and Niki seemed to recognize him. "Hey, you!"

Yuma stopped when someone shouted in the hallway and faced a tall boy, who was now walking towards him. "Me?" He pointed his index finger on his chest. Yuma now knew who he was and what his realtionship was with Hitomi.

"Yes, you." Niki approached him even more and stopped when he was close enough.

"What do you want?" Yuma asked in confusion and somewhat disapprovingly.

"Give me Hitomi's number."

"I shouldn't give my best friend's number to anyone, especially you." Yuma showed him a grin. Niki walked closer to him, placed his palm on Yuma's shoulder and smiled slightly. "Do you want to join the soccer team? Perhaps?" He asked suggestively with a smirk. Yuma's eyes widened and a smile crept on his face. "Really?!"

"Of course, but give me her number."

Yuma hesitated for a moment,

Tsk.. She's gonna kill me. But.. Just her number, it's not a big deal, right?

"Okay, give me your phone." 

Niki took his phone and handed it to Yuma. He typed her number on Niki's phone and gave it then back. "There."

"Thanks, and welcome to the team, mate."

Yuma stood there watching Niki to fade away from his sight as he continued his way.

Mate? Does he like me now? No I don't think so. But for what does he need Hitomi's number? Is he gonna tease her more.. I already feel so guilty for her..

-

"Nishimura, you're late." Ms. Kimura announced, even though she didn't even glance the way he came, but her intuition said it was him.

"I know miss, I umm.. I missed the bus." He tried to make up an excuse.

"You walk to school, don't try to excuse yourself, Niki."

"Sorry." He bowed at the teacher.

Shoot. He isn't absent after all.. Well whatever

"Okay then let's continue the lesson."