第14章

Mother's Friend's Son

Hitomi carefully entered her house trying not to make a sound. She had Niki's hoodie, but still her moist skirt on, and that's why she didn't want her mother to hear her.

Is she home yet? I hope not

She rushed quietly upstairs and closed the door after her. She immediately took off his hoodie and wore a shirt from the edge of her bed. She also searched some pants from her wardrope and took a pair of grey sweatpants.

Awesome. My mother has no idea. Why am I even hiding it from her? I don't know.. Teenagers don't tell these things to their parents, do they?

Hitomi heard the front door open, maybe her mom came now. She quickly laid on her bed and took a book to read as like she has been home for hours. After a moment Hitomi's mother entered her room still wearing her work clothes, "Hi, honey. How was the school day?"

Hitomi showed a fake smile, "It was nice."

"Okay. I invited my workmate, who's my best friend as well over today, and she probably brings her son too." Emiko informed.

"That's nice." Hitomi replied, in the though that the boy will be much younger than her and she'd play with him, because Hitomi likes kids and their company. Or then she just hopes she'd still be a kid as well.

"He's about your age." Her mother added.

"Alright.." She replied again, while her small smile faded slightly.

"Clean your room before they come, it's a mess." Her mother urged and pointed all the trash and stuff on her floor. Hitomi rose up from her laying position, "How does that have anything to do with my room, mom!"

"Well, you guys can chat and maybe play some games. Come on Hitomi, it's nice to make new friends." Her mother advised and walked further into her room to pick up Hitomi's used clothes from the floor and bed.

"I don't need new friends.." She pouted.

"Whose is this? At least not yours." Her mother wondered, when she picked up Niki's brown hoodie, that Hitomi forgot to put away. "Have you got a boyfriend?" She asked in wonder and excitement.

"No! It's.. It's Yuma's. He lend it when I said I was cold. It does not need to be washed." Hitomi hastily denied and invented a lie. She then grapped the hoodie from her mother.

"Alright, then. Hurry up and start cleaning." Her mother furrowed her eyebrows and motioned her to start moving, and then left.

"Tsk.. this is my room.." She sulked and lazily began to pick the stuff from the floor.

-

Hitomi heard the doorbell ring, but didn't bother to move as she was reading a book.

"Honey! Come down here!" Her mother shouted from downstairs.

"Ash, fine." She threw the book on the bed and headed out of her room. While she trudged slowly down the stairs, she heard chatter.

"Oh, look at you. You're so handsome and tall." Emiko complimented the son.

"Thanks, miss." He replied politely.

The feeling of frustration Hitomi already felt quickly intensified. The boy's voice sounded really familiar. While quickening her steps, she approached the door and saw the guests. Hitomi couldn't believe her eyes, "You!" She sprinted towards the guests in surprise, but the same time in abomination .