第41章

Kiss

Maybe 10 minutes had passed and the others in the living room were eating snacks with no worries. Yuma was looking for video games to play while eating some biscuits that Mina brought, but there were no games nor game controllers or anything in Hitomi's house. How boring, he thought. Hikaru and Mina were giggling at something behind either's phone and Haruto was sitting on the couch and trying to get Mina's attention, but gave up quickly and started playing on his phone.​

"Booriing.." Yuma complained and leaned on the TV stand. "How long have they been there?" He suddenly asked, referring to Hitomi and Niki, who were still in the bathroom.

"I don't know. Just let them be." Haruto urged while gazing his phone nonstop, probably having a tense video game match. Yuma looked at the three for a moment and then headed somewhere from the living room. He walked in front of the bathroom door, which were still in the same big room area where the kitchen and living room is.

"What are you doing?" Mina asked, when she noticed him. "Don't bother them."

"I'm getting curious." Yuma said, while lowering his voice to make sure Hitomi and Niki didn't hear him through the door. He leaned his head closer to the door to listen. 

"Well, what are they talking?" Haruto asked, as he finally took his eyes off his phone and got excited in curiosity. Yuma looked confused. "I- I don't hear anything." 

The three of them got up from the couch and walked over to Yuma. They listened for a moment in silence. "Maybe the door is soundproofed?" Hikaru guessed.

"No, it's not. I've been here before. I'm sure it isn't." Yuma assured and leaned again on the door. "Hey, now I hear something." He informed.

-

Niki had took Hitomi's hand in his, and caressed it while kissing her repeatedly. Hitomi's other hand held his nape, rubbing it and his hair. Niki pulled his lips further, ending the kiss suddenly and backed a little. "Do you hear that?" He asked.

"Hear what?" Hitomi asked in confusion. Honestly, she couldn't have heard any voices. She was so preoccupied with the kiss and couldn't focus on anything else. Niki nodded his head in the direction of the door. "Whispers." He said.

​Hitomi listened for a while, and he was right, she heard whispers behind the door. Niki took a hold of her waist and put her down from the table. Then he twisted the door handle and pushed it open strongly. 

There was heard Yuma's groan as the door hit him hard and he backed up holding his cheek. "Ouch-" 

"Oh sorry, we didn't mean to eavesdrop, he just got curious. You were there for so long. What were you doing?" Mina inquired as Niki and Hitomi saw them all standing on the other side of the door.

"Nothing." Niki said, but smirked suspiciously. He shared a little eye contact with Hitomi and touched lightly her arm before stepping out of the bathroom. He approached Yuma, wrapped his arm his shoulders and ruffled his hair. "You little brat too. Are you that curious? It's our personal stuff, damn sneak." He said as if talking to a little brother, ruffled his hair and took him towards the living room. 

Hitomi smiled a little as she watched their hustle. Just like Niki'd be disciplining his little brother. After she stepped out of the bathroom, Mina took her hand and they went to the kitchen counter with Hikaru. They sat down and offered some snack to Hitomi, that they themselfes ate already. They watched as the bored boys started to wrestle on the sofa, but they let them wrestle with all might.

"You both seem to be in a good mood. What did you do for real there?" Mina asked after a while.

"What? Nothing. We just.. talked." Hitomi replied with little white lies.

"Yeah right. 'Just talking'. Look at those dimples that forms on your cheeks repeatedly." Mina said and pinched Hitomi's cheeks lightly. Hitomi backed up and smiled in annoyance. "Okay, I admit it. I'm lying. But I can't tell if... if he doesn't want me to, maybe."

"What are you talking about? He was the first one to confess in front of everyone. He probably doesn't care." Mina assured and leaned closer to Hitomi. "So, tell us." She whispered eagerly. 

"Fine." Hitomi finally gave in and waved her hands, that Mina and Hikaru would come to her whispering area. They both curiously did it, and were now listening closely.

"We.. we kissed." Hitomi whispered. Mina and Hikaru hid their gasps by covering their mouths with their palms. "Really?" Hikaru asked, to which Hitomi nodded. 

"Oh my god, girl." Mina stated in disbelief. "Well, how did it feel like? Good, bad? Was he rough or gentle?" She inquired curiously and eagerly.

"Um.." Hitomi muttered, thinking how it did feel like. Of course, she wouldn't guess that a question like this would come. "It.. felt good I guess. Much better than you would think, especially with him. He was gentle and took into account how I felt about it, he made sure I was okay with it."

"Really? So romantic." Mina said and glanced at Niki, who were now in full swing in couch wrestling with Yuma. "I wouldn't believe it, but I don't know about him tho. He sometimes seems very deferential and decent. But then sometimes rude and aggressive.. Well, you know." She added. 

"Or else, it's you Hitomi. Who makes him that way, nicer, gentler, you change him." Hikaru noted. 

Her sentence could make sense, and it got Hitomi to ponder. Ever since they've spent more time, he has gotten nicer, a lot. Even at the beginning of the year, he bullied other students for no reason and threw pencils in class and didn't care if it hit someone in the back of the head. But Hitomi can't remember the last time he did those things. 

-

The evening continued longer and the atmosphere was more boisterous again. They played some old board games found in Hitomi's mother's room. The living room was already quite a mess, there were plates, glasses and trash around, but it didn't bother them yet.

Hitomi ran down the stairs once again and brought with her a game called 'Ultimate Quiz'. She can't remember the last time she played it, maybe once with her mother. They once again sat down on the floor and opened the game. This time Niki sat right next to Hitomi, but it didn't bother her. At least he can't be staring straightly the whole time.

"These questions seem difficult. Should we play in pairs?" Mina suggested, as she read one of the cards.

"Sure, some of them are actually quite difficult." Hitomi agreed. 

"Hitomi is mine." Niki reserved quickly and clung to her arm. 

"And Hikaru is mine." Yuma decided after Niki.

Niki's hand first held Hitomi's arm, but slowly it moved forward towards her palm. Hitomi tried to shake his hand away imperceptibly, but couldn't, although he did stop trying to hold her hand. 

"Okay, well then it's all solved." Mina said and started to arrange the game.