第45章

Peak's Pub

Eiji and Hitomi walked away from the staircase room and went to Hitomi's locker to leave her books there. They both flinched when someone laid their hand on their shoulders. 

"What are you doing? I was looking for you everywhere. And Maya too, I thought you were like always together." Niki said grumpily and glanced at Eiji. 

"Yeah, I was looking for you babe.." Maya, who came with Niki, grapped Eiji's arm and clung to him. Niki looked at Eiji and Hitomi suspiciously, while Hitomi didn't say anything. "Why are you together? I thought you didn't really know each other?" He inquired suspiciously.

"I tripped on my shoelaces. And.. and then my books spread around and Eiji helped me." Hitomi lied. She could just have said that he actually bumped to her, but she was too lazy to explain it like that. Eiji just nodded, and didn't mind the little white lies.

"If that's so, did you get hurt?" Niki asked  and took a step closer to Hitomi to wrap his arm around her back lightly.

"No." 

Niki saw how Eiji smiled amusingly. Like he said before, that Niki is being protective and there was a living example. "What u laughing? Ash, let's go eat, I'm hungry." Niki snapped and nudged Eiji's shoulder, but then took Hitomi's hand and started dragging her towards the cafeteria. 

Mina catched them up on their way to lunch and she joined as well. The cafeteria was quite empty at the moment, but they saw Yuma, Rio, Jo and Haruto at the end of a long table. "Let's go there." Niki suggested, referring to the table where the boys were.

Mina sat next to Haruto and Niki opposite her next to Jo. Niki yet demanded Hitomi to sit next to him, patting the seat and pulling out the chair for her. She didn't think of it as a problem and sat down. Soon after them, Eiji and Maya came sitting at the same table with them as well. 

"So, what are you doing on the weekend?" Yuma asked from anyone. He more like meant any other than Hitomi or Niki, because he knew that they had planned to hang out together. Niki couldn't keep it a secret for long, especially from the gyus he asked advice from.

"I have a date with Hitomi." Niki boldly revealed, knowing almost evryone knew already. Hitomi kicked his feet under the table. "What! I thought it was a secret!" She complained embarassed.

"Was it a secret?" Niki pondered in dismay.

"Chill, Hitomi. We all knew already." Eiji admitted calmly.

"You all knew?" Hitomi inquired in disbelief and glanced at the four boys on her right. They just kept eating and seemed to be holding their laughter. "Yeah." Jo replied.

"You too?" She asked Maya next, who were sitting opposite her. 

"Yea. Rumors spread." Maya stated. 

"What a gossiper you are." Hitomi huffed quietly and nudged Niki softly, referring to him. He chuckled and ruffled her hair.

~

Hitomi was wandering around her room for some time. It was 4:56PM. Niki said he'd be there around 5PM. Somehow Hitomi felt nervous. She has been alone with him plenty of times, but now she felt somehow uneasy. He said to wear something comfortable, so she chose flared jeans and the white hoodie with bear ears, that she got on Christmas eve.

Soon, she heard the doorbell ring. Her heartbeat started racing faster, maybe because of the nervousness or the fact that she wasn't fully ready yet. She had no time to think what she should take with her, so she just grapped her phone quickly and left her room to go downstairs.