Epilogue

June

It was the summer after Hitomi and her friends finished their second-year in high school. Next year will be the last one and soon they'll attend universities and all. But that's how fast the time goes. 

Niki and Hitomi have been dating for about four and half months. Hitomi has totally warmed onto him. The way he treats her in a relationship is admirable. Even though they fight sometimes, he is always the first to apologize and says that Hitomi is too lovable and it makes him dead, which he has to start fights. But that just amuses her.

Now, Hitomi has been home for a week. Without him.. He's at a soccer summer camp, and Hitomi misses him so much. She has never felt it, just the need of a person being close and within touching distance. Even Mina was traveling, and Hitomi had no friends to hang out. But she did call Jiro and they went to an amusement park together. 

They should be back today, and Hitomi is waiting in anticipation. She needs to focus on something else so the time goes by faster. 

She went downtown and visited shops and boutiques. Suddenly she hear someone calling her name. "Hitomi!" Maya called joyfully somewhere hear. 

Hitomi turned around and saw Maya approaching her. "Oh, hi."

"Nice to see you. I haven't seen you after the schools ended." Maya said happily. "What are you doing? Should we go somewhere? A karaoke room?" She inquired eagerly. 

Hitomi didn't find anything else to do, so she decided to go to karaoke with her then. They started walking together and Maya wrapped her arm around Hitomi's in a friendly way. 

"Do you miss Niki? Ahh.. I miss Eiji so much that I'm about to cry. No, I actually did cry already." Maya complained while pouting. It was even a huge surprise that Eiji and her still were together. Hitomi thought it would end pretty soon, but it didn't.

"Yeah, I miss Niki too. More than I thought I would." Hitomi revealed.

"Then. Should we go to the bus station together to meet them, when they arrive?" Maya suggested.

"Really?"

"Yeah, we should go. Maybe they'd get happy too."

"Okay, I love the idea." Hitomi noted.

After the karaoke room, Hitomi and Maya headed to the bus station, where they boys' bus should arrive in. Maya were texting Eiji, asking when they'll arrive and he replied that they will be there soon. 

They waited for a while, before the long white bus drove in the bus station. The girls excitedly stood up from their seats, where they waited at and approached the bus. First some strangers who had also been in the camp exit the bus. Soon they saw Rio exit, followed by Eiji, to whom Maya ran excitedly. 

Before Yuma, Niki stepped down. His face lightened up as he saw Hitomi there. It felt like they'd been separated for years. Now only few metres to each others. Niki ran to Hitomi, lifted her from the ground and spinned around. She squaled a little for his quick movement, but he was holding her firmly. 

Niki stopped spinning, while still holding her up. He just looked at her like a treasure he found and caressed her head. "I missed you." Hitomi admits, while gazing those dark brown eyes she has been missing for a week.

"You couldn't have missed me as much as I missed you. I love you." He said to her and pressed his lips on hers. Hitomi took a hold of his nape and gave the kiss back without hesitation.  "I love you too, Riki."

"Can you please do that somewhere else??" Yuma complained grumpily. He hasn't usually complained about them being like that, which confused Hitomi a little. Niki finally landed her on the ground again, but didn't reply anything to Yuma. 

"What's with him?" Hitomi whispered to Niki.

"Hikaru wanted to be just friends." He whispered back and showed an empathic look. Hitomi understood it with that short sentence, but didn't mind it further. Yuma maybe needed his own time.

"Okay. I had time for soccer. Now, it'll be time for you." Niki seductively said and rubbed his forehead on Hitomi's. She started smiling and blushing a little, but it was already a common feeling.

July

It was a holiday morning. Yuma, Mina and Niki were in Hitomi's house for a sleepover, while her mother was on night shift. What would be better than spending the whole night with friends, staying awake or sleeping.

Mina slept with Hitomi in her bed, and the boys slept on the couch in the living room. Niki begged the girls, that he'd sleep with Hitomi, but she wanted to sleep with Mina this time. Sure, not even Mina and Yuma would want to sleep in the same bed or on the couch, jeez..

The girls were still half asleep, although the boys could already be heard from downstairs. Soon the door to Hitomi's room opened and Niki entered inside. He didn't say anything as he crawled onto the bed on top of Hitomi. 

"Oh my god. I'm right here.. I want to sleep." Mina mumbled sleepily and hit Niki's shoulder tiredly, before she turned around to face the other direction.

"Don't mind me." Niki said with a smirk. He started kissing the drowsy Hitomi under him. She did not mind him at all, but she indeed still felt really tired. It was his usual morning pecks and kisses he leaves.

Soon, he rolled over, lying down between the girls so that even Mina and him were skin to skin. The bed wasn't even a double bed, it was a single one, but slightly wider.

"Oh, my god- Seriously." Mina hissed in displease as she felt Niki's back against hers. She got up from the lying position and sat up on the edge of the bed.

"What?" Niki inquired teasingly. "Do you want XOXO with me too?"

The way Mina's face turned into utter disbelief and annoyment amused Niki and Hitomi both. "Yuma! Keep your friend in check!" Mina complained and shouted to Yuma, who was somewhere downstairs. She quickly stood up and hurried downstairs to him.

                                          ☆________☆__________☆_________☆_______☆

AUTHOR:

Okay, you've come to the very end of Hitomi's and Niki's story. I hope you liked it a lot, because I enjoyed every single time I've written this. Every chapter I wrote, I loved it even though some of those were boring. I got emotional especially writing the last chapter, and probably I'm crying now too.

I'm sorry if the end came pretty quickly, but you can always read the whole story again!

 And I know some of you were eagerly waiting for the time Hitomi and Niki finally starts dating, but I wrote that in the finale and I want to say that this story's plot was how their bond can be created and grow. So I'm sorry if I disappointed you in that.

Thank you for all the reads, votes and especially all the support this story has received. I love you all for supporting my first work!

I've started writing a new story already, but just so little. I hope I'd get to start publishing that closer the summer. But I can't promise anything. Look forward to my new content!

Love y'all♡