第16章

Rooftop

The placid movement of his chest moving up and down with the breaths and the scent of detergents from his shirt made her feel more comfortable even though her body was tense of the proximity. She wasn't used to be physically this close to anyone. Her gaze had directed on the floor, whilst her head is slightly touching his chest.

He saw how her body shivered occasionally and how she couldn't share any eye contact with him. An amusing smile was plantered on his lips as he observed the corridor over her small figure, while standing on the small stool.

"Hey." Niki whispered and poked Hitomi's back gently.

"Hm?" She hummed, still not maintaining an eye contact and keeping her gaze on the floor. Well, her neck hardly could even bend enough to make eye contact anyway.

"Do you wanna get off?"

She frowned in confusion to why would he even ask that, "Of course. Let's just pretend like we made up."

"Pretend? You don't want to make up?" He chuckled false disappointingly.

"Well, there is nothing to make up for, I guess.. Or I mean, you were wrong, not me."

"I knew I was wrong, but since you got annoyed so fast, I took the opportunity and continued to purposely tease you."

"Yeah, right. I knew it."

It has already been about 10 minutes and they haven't moven an inch. But for the long standing Hitomi felt how her body started to give up and was faltering. She had a supporting grip on Niki's shirt, but he wasn't doing anything.

Why he has so good balance? I feel like falling in no time.

Mrs. Uemura entered the corridor, "Alright, you may step down now."

Hitomi quickly got down and sighed in relief. She felt like she could finally breathe properly.

"You made up?" The teacher inqured from the slightly plushing youngesters in front of her. They nodded their heads in agreement. "You may go now, the class ends now anyway."

People began to rush away from the classrooms and Hitomi quickly spotted Mina and ran to her from the awkward atmosphere.

"There you are Hitomi!" She smiled in amusement. "What kind of punishment she made for you two?"

Hitomi sulked, "Just be quiet, I'm mad at you."

"Alright." Mina chuckled while patting Hitomi's head gently.

~

The math class was about to start and Hitomi, Yuma and Mina just got up from the outdoor bench after the break. It's still good to enjoy the weather when it's not too cold outside yet, because soon that will change as winter approaches.

"Wait, where's my phone?" Hitomi impatiently searched all her pockets, starting to feel uneasy.

"You don't have it?" Yuma asked in confusion when Hitomi's face turned pale. She has never lost her phone and it's important and expensive enough to not get lost. "Is it in your pack?"

"Why would I put it there? It's always in my pocket.." She nervously cleared. They all stood there pondering where she could have left it. "The rooftop! We were there earlier." Mina suddenly remembered.

"You're right! I think I might have left it on the fence! I'll be right back. Go to classes already." She urged, before sprinting away, heading inside the building and climbing up the main stairs. She pushed the iron doors open and entered the rooftop. The bright daylight filled her vision after she exit the twilit staircase.