Chapter Four

The Queen's footsteps echoed through the grand chamber as she paced, her regal gown billowing with each stride. Anger and frustration simmered within her, fueled by a year of uncertainty and unanswered questions regarding the disappearance of her necromancer. The loss of Onyx gnawed at her, leaving a void that seemed impossible to fill.

Gollik had delivered the devastating news, his voice—had been tinged with worry and concern. "My Queen, she is gone," he had uttered, and those words haunted her still. For a year, she had searched far and wide, employing all her resources and spies, but her efforts had yielded no trace of the necromancer's whereabouts.

In the Queen's mind, the missing necromancer was more than a mere individual; she was the most potent weapon the Queen possessed. With her arcane powers, she could summon the dead, manipulate and control minds, and far worse—unleashing fallen enemies upon her kingdom with deadly precision. And even though Onyx could not fully wield her power, she still possessed it. And her absence left the Queen vulnerable, and the fear of this hidden adversary gnawed at her royal resolve.

Many nights were spent in frustration and fury, questioning how someone so integral to her reign could vanish without a trace. Conspiracy theories and doubts plagued her mind, leading to restless nights and dark dreams.

Demeter knew that her grip on the kingdom was slipping, that whispers of rebellion were growing louder. She felt the rising tide of opposition, fueled by rumors of a resistance uniting to challenge her rule. Without her necromancer's powers at her disposal, she lacked the fear-inducing tools that had kept her enemies at bay.

As time went on, the Queen's anger turned inward, doubting her judgment, and blaming herself for failing to protect and hide Onyx better. But beneath the anger lay a creeping fear of what her missing weapon might do to her kingdom and her throne. Would she join the ranks of those seeking to overthrow her, or did she have other plans? The uncertainty only served to fuel the Queen's rage further.

Despite the chaos within, the Queen remained a formidable force to her subjects. Her subjects dared not to show weakness in her presence, for her wrath was legendary. Yet, behind closed doors, the Queen's vulnerability was exposed, her mind consumed by the mysterious disappearance.

In the depths of the palace, the Queen's relentless search continued, determined to reclaim her missing necromancer and the power she represented. The clock was ticking, and she knew she had to act swiftly before her kingdom crumbled in the face of rebellion.

Unbeknownst to the Queen, Onyx was soon to emerge, joining a dangerous game of deception that would set off a chain of events that would forever alter the fate of the kingdom, and herself. And neither the Queen nor Onyx could predict the true outcome of their looming confrontation.