Chapter Twenty-One

Violet eyes glared angrily at Sith, rage boiling within like a storm of fire. She was the most feared being in the whole world of Druzatria, and yet even then she still couldn't find warriors capable enough to do one simple task. To bring back her weapon, her most precious possession. Onyx. Without her she felt vulnerable, especially with Onyx's father making threats with his sudden appearance.

Dezenym, just his name alone, stuck fear into even her. Unlike onyx he knew how to use his power, he just chose not to use it unless necessary. But that was before he had lost the two possessions that were dearest to him, Raven and young Onyx. But he was a coward, and that worked in Demeter's favor. Instead of avenging his lost daughter and his dead lover, he chose to hide. But she knew he was far from weak. He was stronger than he knew, so was Onyx. If only they ever knew. Demeter knew her reign as Queen would be over. She would lose her throne. She would lose her title. She would become nothing.

-ooooo-

Sith's presence loomed in the dimly lit chamber, his figure shrouded in shadows as he regarded the Queen before him with an air of indifference. His iron armor gleamed faintly in the muted light, a stark contrast to the anger radiating from Demeter's violet gaze.

"You seem displeased, my queen," Sith's grumbly voice was low and carried a hint of amusement that further fueled the Queen's fury.

"Displeased doesn't even begin to cover it," she retorted, her voice dripping with venom. "I've entrusted you with a simple mission, and yet you return with nothing but failure."

Sith's lips curled into a taunting smile, his black eyes locking onto hers with a challenging glint. "Failure is a strong word, my queen."

"Do you take me for a fool?" her voice rose, her anger bubbling over as she clenched her fists at her sides. "You were supposed to bring her back to me! And yet here you stand, with nothing but excuses."

Sith's demeanor remained unruffled, his posture relaxed despite the storm of emotions brewing around him. "You underestimate the situation, my Queen. Onyx has proven more formidable than we anticipated. She's not an ordinary warrior; she's a force to be reckoned with."

Demeter's lip curled into a sneer, her frustration and impatience making her unable to accept any reasoning that didn't align with her desires. "Formidable or not, she belongs to me. I need her power, her loyalty. And you," she pointed a finger at Sith, "You were supposed to ensure that."

Sith's gaze held steady, unwavering under her scrutiny. "I will find her, my queen. But it will take time. She's not one to be easily cornered."

Demeter's anger gave way to a sinister smile, her violet eyes narrowing with malice. "Perhaps it's time to change tactics then," she hissed, her fingers tapping rhythmically on the arm of her ornate throne. "If Onyx won't come to me willingly, then we shall bring the battle to her. We'll see how long she can resist when her beloved Rok is in danger."

Sith's expression remained impassive, though a flicker of something unreadable passed through his dark eyes. "And how do you plan to proceed, my queen?"

Demeter's smile twisted into something cold and calculating, a wicked glint in her gaze. "I know Onyx's weaknesses. And then we'll strike. Hard and without mercy. Once we have him, we have her."

Sith's grin completely vanished, as though he felt hesitation but wished not to show it. "As you command, my queen."

The grand throne room fell into silence, heavy with the weight of her intentions. The Queen was tired of hiding in the shadows. Her thrust of power and vengeance continued to churn, filling her with a pit that would only be filled by gaining of that she seeked. Power over Druzatria.

"One day soon I will free the dragons and unleash them at my will, conquering the whole world" She thought wickedly, unfolding her scared wings, "And I shall take my place in the skies above, as the rightful Queen of the dragons"