Epilogue

Sith, pulled himself atop a tall steed, tightened his grip on the reins as he settled his weight into the saddle. The young stallion beneath him shifted restlessly, its muscles rippling with power and energy. Eager to move, a loud snort escaped the steed's flared nostrils.

A final glance was cast behind him, his cold, black gaze locking onto Thimriur. A weakening kingdom under the command of a corrupted Queen. Or so he believed. However, regardless of whatever nor whomever's belief, Thimriur was among the path of destruction. And Sith felt a dark calling, leading him towards the responsibility of ruling Thimriur himself and preparing the kingdom for war.

With a determined grimace on his face, Sith urged his steed forward, the powerful beast leaping into action, its hooves pounding the earth beneath. The wind rushed past him, carrying the scent of war and turmoil. Behind him, he could hear the hooves of his small troop following suit, knowing that one day, soon, this group would expand into his formidable and unbeatable army.

"One day, one day soon Demeter, you shall fall!"

-ooooo-

Demeter paced her throne room with measured, deliberate steps. Her presence exuded regal confidence, but her mind was a whirlwind of confusion and anxiety. "How can this be?" she muttered, her voice tinged with frustration. Her obsidian wings unfolded and shifted restlessly as her violet eyes bore into the unknown.

Her emerald and obsidian throne sat imposingly at the far end of the room, a symbol of her power and authority. Yet, for all her might, Demeter's current state revealed a chink in her armor.

She paused in her pacing, and turned to gaze out of the grand windows that overlooked her kingdom, a realm in which she took by force. "What did I miss?"

For the first time in her reign, her brows furrowed. "I will fall to the least likely of hands—what were you telling me Raven?" she looked down at her royal rugs, then at the crimson stain left by Sith.

"What did you see?"   

To be Continued...

On The Chronicles of Onyx, Series 1 ~ Book 2:

War's Double Edged Sword