Chapter Fifty-Three

I was still unpacking when Kylie stopped by. She looked incredible, wearing a fitted silver dress with a leather jacket. However, she was frowning.

        "Why aren't you ready for dinner?" she asked.

        I rolled my eyes at my reflection in the mirror and said, "Grayson and I are specifically not invited." 

        "Why the blazes not? You and Clay were supposed to be my survival team for the night?" she asked, personally offended.

        I pursed my lips. "Laura thought it would be nice for Grayson and I to have some 'alone time' so she can have a grandchild."

        Kylie whistled. "Get it, girl!" 

        "No, I will not be 'getting it,'" I grumbled. "Bad enough we have to fake loving each other."

        "Come on, you have to admit you've thought about it," she pleaded.

        "Nope." Lies. I've thought about it much more than I should've considering we aren't actually together.

        Kylie, of course, wasn't ready to end the conversation. "I bet he's thought about it," she said slyly. 

        "Probably not." More lies; I know Grayson has thought about it. Well, maybe not today, but definitely in the past.

        "Well, if you change your mind, you absolutely, definitely still have that red set I gave you, right?" she said with all sorts of warning tones. 

        "Unfortunately, I still have it," I grumbled. Maybe that's what Grayson and I could do tonight: start a fire. That would be a fun bonding activity.

        Kylie winked and said, "Good luck! Have fun; we'll be back around midnight."

        "Spit in her food or something, will you?" I said grimly as Kylie left. She'd figure out who I meant. 

        Exhaling slowly, I kept folding clothes and throwing dirty ones in the hamper. I would probably spend the night cleaning up, maybe doing a puzzle. I loved puzzles. Maybe I'd take a hot bath, too.

        Daydreaming about puzzles and baths had its limits. I was surprised to feel Grayson step up behind me, his arms immediately falling around my waist. I closed my eyes for just a moment, drawing in his warmth before asking, "What are you doing?"

        "Giving my wife a hug," he said, and I couldn't help but blush. Then I mentally smacked myself; I shouldn't be getting such a rush of happiness just from being called his wife. Yet even after this conclusion, a giggle still escaped my mouth when he nuzzled my shoulder.

        "What are we doing tonight?" I asked, unable to keep the smile off my face.

        "I don't know. What do you want to do?"

        "Uh..." I trailed off, my thoughts fried as he lightly kissed the curve of my neck. He's doing it again, and he knows it. He's such a tease. Worse, he knows exactly how distracted I get when he's like this.

        I swallowed. "Any suggestions?"

        Grayson turned me around, pinning me to the dresser and hovering less than an inch away. He could've kissed me had he wanted to. Then he leaned in, whispering, "I have a game."

        My nerves shot through the roof. "W-what kind of game?"

        He gestured to the bed, where I looked. Then I instantly burst out laughing, Grayson joining me in my hysterics. I swatted his chest, laughing, "Monopoly?"