Shoji x reader (Soulmate AU)

In this AU, wherever your soulmate first touches you, there's a his/her eye color mark on your body.

~•~❤️~•~

Your POV:

I slipped a long sleeved shirt over my head despite the warm weather. I always made sure to cover up my arms because of my strange soulmate mark.

Well, marks actually- there were six of them. Ever since I could remember I had had three black hand-shaped marks on each of my arms.

Not that I was ashamed of them or anything-I had nothing against people with six arms- I was just tired of all the questioning stares I got from strangers.

I walked out of the house, swinging a bag over my shoulders.

As I strolled down the sidewalk, I wondered if I would ever meet my soulmate. My parents had been in the same class at highschool and have been together ever since.

My mom had a D/E/C mark on her arm and my dad had a M/E/C on his hand.

I scanned the few people out and about for anyone with six arms. I did this wherever I went, out of habit. I saw different people with soulmate marks in different shades and on different parts of their bodies, mostly on their arms or hands. But I didn't see anyone else with multiple marks.

My feet moved on their own. I crossed the street to the grocery store, still lost in thought.

I entered the store and started filling my cart with various items.

Without warning, the door to the store burst open and a group of robbers, maybe even villains came into the store. Their faces were obscured by masks and guns were held ready in their hands.

People began to scream and evacuate the store as the robbers advanced towards the cash register, guns pointed at the cashier.

I stood there frozen as the man was forced to hand over the money.

But the thiefs didn't seem satisfied with only the money in the cash register. They split up and started approaching customers who hadn't managed to get out in time, demanding they hand over their purses and wallets.

One came up to me, gun aimed at my heart.

"Give us the bag, missy, and we'll spare you." he growled.

I was too scared to move. Why hadn't any heroes or police officers arrived yet!?

"Do I need to repeat myself?" he asked, jabbing the end of the gun into my chest.

I winced but still didn't move, paralyzed by fear.

Just as I thought the man was about to pull the trigger, I was pulled out of the way by a pair of strong arms.

No wait, three pairs...

I looked back to see a teenage boy around my age, pulling me out of harm's way. He had grey hair that swept to the side, a dark blue mask that covered most of his face, six pairs of strong arms with web-like skin between them and... black eyes.

Once he deemed it safe, he let go and gestured for me to follow him out of the store. The end of one of his tentacle arms transformed into a mouth and said:

"Come on! The pro heroes are on their way!"

I took one last glance behind me and saw the robber's look of surprise turn to anger when he realized I had gotten away.

Without waiting to see if he would follow me, I ran as fast as my legs would carry me out of the store.

I saw the pros enter the scene and soon the band of robbers had been caught and restrained.

I looked around and noticed the boy who had saved me helping a few other victims of the theft.

I walked up behind him. I smiled when I noticed a small E/C mark on his shoulder. I tapped it and he turned around.

"I just wanted to thank you for helping me earlier." I said, suddenly feeling nervous. "Um, but and I'm pretty sure we're... Well, soulmates."

I pulled up my sleeves and showed him my marks. His eyes widened slightly.

"Oh... Well, I would love to get to know you more...?"

"Y/N. L/N, Y/N." I introduced, holding out my hand with a smile. He shook it and said:

"Shoji, Mezou."

"Nice to meet you."

It suddenly dawned on me that this was actually my soulmate- the person I was destined to spend the rest of my life with.

"Well... I guess I could give you my number?" he offered, somewhat awkwardly.

"Sure, I'd like that."

We exchanged numbers and chatted for a bit before parting ways.

"I look forward to getting to know you better, Shoji." I waved.

"And I you, L/N."

~•~❤️~•~

A/n

Really short but whatever. I'm on a three day hike in the mountains right now and I'm posting this oneshot I had written in advance.

Speaking of the hike...

It's awful, hot, tiring, long and miserable. I honestly can't believe I'm still alive.

BUT

I found a frog and named it Cheeto :P

(Sorry I don't have any pictures, Cheeto is camera shy:( )

Anyway, love you all thank you so much for reading!!!

~Nomi