Mirio x reader

^The art has nothing to do with the oneshot but I drew it so pls go check out my art book for more art like that :P

~•~❤️~•~

Third person POV:

H/N stood in front of the well-known villain, The Vanisher. He almost never made a public appearance, preferring to strike in the dead of night. He didn't strike very often, but when he did, he always went for the kill.

Not that he had any other option- his quirk, which was insanely powerful, was called 'undo'. It was similar to Shigaraki's- anything he touches just gets undone from existence. If he grabs you with his left hand, it's over. You vanish without a trace.

The Vanisher was watching H/N carefully, holding his quirk resistant glove in his right hand, his other hand outstretched threateningly.

H/N didn't know what to do. If she moved, she might die. If she stayed still, she also might die.

"Tell me the location of UA Highschool." demanded The Vanisher, stepping dangerously close to H/N.

Why did he want to know that? It wasn't a secret or anything, but H/N felt like she shouldn't tell him.

"Why do you want to know?"

Maybe if she talked to him about the right things, she could get him to start an emotional monologue about his tragic backstory that could distract him long enough for her to escape.

Maybe she should ask about his probably dead parents?

"So that I can kill all the unworthy heroes there." he answered simply.

Well now she definitely wasn't going to tell him.

"Why?"

Now she was just stalling. H/N took a small step back, trying to avoid the ever nearing left hand of The Vanisher.

"Because they don't deserve to live."

He sounds like a Stain supporter, she thought.

"It's down the main street, take a left at the first stop sign and go down. If you see a mochi shop, you've gone too far." she lied, giving him the address of the nearest police station.

"I know you're lying." sighed the villain "I can always tell when someone is lying. I guess I'll just make some civilian tell me. Any last words?"

H/N thought about it. Being a hero, she was in constant danger and death was often right around the corner. Over time, she had gotten used to the idea of dying and, even though she didn't feel like her time to go had come yet, she wasn't afraid to die.

"Just that killing isn't the answer." she said, deciding to direct what she thought were her last words to the only person around "I get that you think what you're doing is right, but it's not. Ending a life just because a person is doing something they shouldn't is wrong."

To her surprise, The Vanisher actually seemed to consider her words for a minute. He stood still, looking thoughtful.

H/N decided that she wouldn't get a better chance and ran. It didn't take long for the villain to catch up to her though. Soon he was right at her heals.

Just when she thought her life would end in a fatal game of tag, a hand reached out of the ground and grabbed The Vanisher's ankle.

As he tripped and fell face first onto the ground, the pro hero Lemillion emerged fully from the ground.

"Lemillion, you're just in time!" H/N smiled.

"Hey, Y/N! That was a close one! You alright?"

Lemillion, or Mirio to her, easily grabbed The Vanisher's wrist and pulled his arm behind his back, efficiently restraining the villain.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Legit thought I was gonna die though, heh."

"Um... Well I'm glad you didn't! Are there any injured civilians?" asked Mirio.

"Nope. He just attacked me while I was on patrol, asking me where UA was." she answered, running a hand through her h/c hair.

"Great! Let's get him to the police!"

~•~❤️~•~

"Glad that he's finally been taken care of!" smiled Mirio, as the two of you walked back from the police station.

The Vanisher had been locked away in a quirk canceling cell. He would be there for his whole life for the murder of a dozen heroes and civilians.

"Yep! He was a real pain in the butt." Y/N grinned back.

"By the way, Y/N..." started Mirio, scratching the back of his neck nervously "I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me after work?"

Her eyes widened in shock but she quickly answered happily:

"I'd love to, Mirio! After all, I do owe you for saving my life and all."

"Great!" smiled Mirio, so brightly he almost blinded Y/N "I'll pick you up at six!"

~•~❤️~•~

A/n

Hope you enjoyed that, lovely peoples!!!!

If you want to know more about The Vanisher, check out my MHA OC book! (more shameless self advertising booooooo)

Anyway, see you next time! Don't forget to vote if you liked it and comment your thoughts ❤️❤️❤️

~Nomi