Midoriya x (insecure) reader

Requested by YumiSofti!!! Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it<3

~•~❤️~•~

No one's POV:

Most people people assumed you were a gloomy person, because you never laughed, but the truth was, you just didn't like your laugh.

Your parents always told you that it was such a dumb thing to be insecure about, but you couldn't help it.

All your friends had such nice laughs, so why did yours have to be ugly?

Probably because you had an ugly voice too.

You sighed and started walking to school, mentally preparing yourself for the usual inquiries about why you're always so gloomy and quiet.

But there were three people that you felt like you could be yourself around. They were always so kind and they never judged you. Sometimes, you even laughed around them.

And, over time, you found yourself developing a crush on one of them...

A certain green haired boy that smiled and encouraged people all the time- Izuku Midoriya.

You wondered when you would ever gain the courage to confess and if he felt the same. Probably not. A person as cheerful as him probably didn't even want to be around a person as insecure and quiet as you.

He probably only hung out with you to be friendly. Him, Iida and Uraraka probably talked bad about you behind your back.

Little did you know, that you had never been more wrong in your life...

~•~❤️~•~

Midoriya's POV:

During English I zoned out, which was very unlike me. But there was something, or rather someone, on my mind.

I'd noticed that Y/N didn't laugh or talk very much but I couldn't figure out why. Whenever it was just me, her, Iida and Uraraka, she talked some but I still felt like there were things she wanted to say but didn't.

And as her friend, I was determined to help her with whatever it was.

Also I sort of, maybe, possibly had a little crush on her...

I glanced back at where she was sitting and saw her studiously taking notes as always.

Smiling slightly to myself, I quickly looked back at the bored, though my mind still lingered on her.

~•~❤️~•~

Your POV:

I was sitting at our usual lunch table with my three best friends. My doubtful thoughts from earlier still plaguing my mind, I was talking less than usual.

I thought no one had noticed, but apparently I was wrong.

"Is something wrong, Y/N?" asked Midoriya, concern evident in his voice.

"Hmm? No, of course not! What makes you say that?" I asked, trying to sound cheerful.

"I don't know, you just seemed quieter than usual. I guess I just like hearing your voice a lot!" he shrugged with a closed eye smile.

My heart was warmed by the idea that he actually cared and didn't think I had an ugly voice. Maybe all that stuff I thought earlier wasn't true after all...

"Yeah, I'm fine. That's for asking, though. It means a lot." I gave him a small, but genuine, smile.

His face turned pink and he muttered something about it not being a problem.

The rest of my lunch break went better than I expected, with me even feeling confident to laugh in front of Mina and Kaminari.

~•~❤️~•~

Lately I've been feeling more confident. I have amazing friends and classmates who make me feel better about my "ugly" laugh and voice in general.

And it all started with Midoriya asking if I was ok, letting me know that he cares.

Also, it's hard holding in my laugh all the time when I'm in the same class as Kaminari.

I've still got a ways to go, but I'm definitely doing better and being less insecure and more confident.

I guess that's why, one Friday afternoon, I decided to tell Midoriya how I felt about him.

Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking, but I knew that I was tired of keeping my crush a secret.

So, here we are.

"Hey, Midoriya, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked him nervously after school.

"Sure thing!" he smiled "How can I help you,
Y/N?"

"Well the thing is..." I started "I'vealwaysfeltlikeIcouldbemyselfaroundyouandIhaveacrushonyoubutifyoudon'tlikemebackItottalygetitbut-"

"Um, Y/N?" asked Midoriya "You're mumbling worse than me... Just take a deep breath, ok?"

I obliged and inhaled, calming down a little.

"Now, what was it that you wanted to tell me?" he smiled (the cutest friggin smile ever).

I took a deep breath and told him:

"That I like you. Like, a lot. I feel like I can be myself around you. You helped me overcome my insecurities and become a better person, Midoriya." I said, blushing furiously, but proud of myself that I had finally told him.

"Wait really!?" Midoriya exclaimed, also a deep shade of red "I think you're amazing too, Y/N! You're so kind and fun to hang out with! I... like you, too. Like, a lot."

My heart swelled with joy as I enveloped him in a tigh hug.

And they lived happily ever after<3

~•~❤️~•~

A/n

Ima get diabetes if I keep writing stuff like that. But let's be honest, it's hard to write a oneshot with Midoriya and not make it sweet.

Anyway, I hope you all liked it and thank you guys so so so much for 5K reads!!!!!!!

~Nomi