Shigaraki x reader

A little love and appreciation for everyone's favorite crusty musty handy man<3

~•~❤️~•~

Your POV:

My mother was quirkless, so it was half expected for me to be as well, and for a long time they thought I was.

I had never shown any signs of having a quirk, like fire manipulation, water bending, force fields or anything like that, even though I had the bone in my foot that people with quirks had.

But when I was six, I finally discovered my quirk. I had had one all along, it just went unnoticed.

It happened at school, one of those boys with the flashy quirks that thought they were better than everyone else decided he wanted to test it out on me.

One boy held me back, while the other tried to burn with their intense heat generating quirk. I guess they were punishing me for the crime of not having a quirk.

But I did have one, as I found out that day.

When he tried to burn me... nothing happened. I didn't feel a thing.

Baffled, the boy tried again, then each if his friends tried using all of their quirks to hurt me, but none of them worked.

I went home completely unscathed and knowing I had a quirk- quirk immunity. I'm not invincible, I can still get hurt by everyday means but if anyone tries to attack me using their quirk- they can't.

Which brings us to where I am today- a reckless twenty year old living her best life.

I've had people try to push me aside or lightly injure me out of anger with their quirks, but nothing like what happened today.

Let's just say, I was very glad I had the quirk I did...

~•~❤️~•~

I whistled quietly to myself as I made my way to the nearest convenience store.

The gentle breeze blew my h/c hair out of my face and a few autumn leaves crunched under my feet.

It was a completely ordinary day.

I walked down the alley, at the end of which was the store.

"My bad!" I apologized as my shoulder lightly bumped that of a tall man wearing a black coat exiting the store.

Apparently, he wasn't watching where he was going either and the light bump caught him off guard. He stumbled ever so slightly and dropped his bag of groceries.

"You'll pay for that." he growled in a low voice, extending his hand.

He smiled evilly and glared at my with icy blue eyes, before shooting an excessive amount of blue flames at me.

It caught me slightly by surprise but it didn't hurt. I was a little warm as the flames licked my face and quirk resistant clothes I had myself made but I felt no pain whatsoever.

Finally, the flames stoped coming and the mysterious man lowered his hand.

He smirked, expecting to see a pile of ashes on the ground, but instead he saw me.

"Chill out dude, it was an accident." I said calmly, rasing my hands.

"How are you still alive?" he asked, sounding curious as apposed to angry.

"Why? Was that supposed to kill me?" I smirked, stupidly fearless as always "Come on man, you can do better than that. Not even my eyebrows are singed."

"It must be her quirk." mumbled the man.

Maybe he was a villain? Or just a guy with some serious anger issues?