Chapter 21.

Naomi has been staying at the NICU for over a month and a half now. Her breathing has gotten so much better. They took her off the breathing ventilator because she was breathing on her own. But what was concerning you,Eddie and the staff that has been helping Naomi out is that her weight hasn't increased much. She only gained 1lb since she was born. In order for you and Eddie to take her home,she has to be at least 5 lbs. Right now,she is only 4 lbs. You thought it was probably because she wasn't eating like she was supposed to.

  You went home to take a shower, and you got a phone call from the NICU nurse an hour later. "Good afternoon Mrs.Munson, this is Beatrice, the NICU nurse for Naomi I have a question to ask you?" You listened and said,"Okay,what's the question? "" Beatrice said that maybe if you breastfed Naomi,it should help with her weight gained. You agreed to come back to the hospital. After you hung up the phone with the nurse,you phoned Eddie at work. Eddie answers,of course. "Hello,this is Eddie. How can I help you?" You smiled at the other end of the phone and said,"Hey baby."Oh hey darling. How are you doing this afternoon?" You smiled once more and said,"I am heading to the NICU to see Naomi. The nurse called me and said maybe if I tried breastfeeding her,it should help with her weight gain. I wanted to see if you wanted to come see your daughter." Without hesitation,Eddie blurts out."Hell yeah,I wanna see my princess. Let me tell my boss first." You said your I love yous to Eddie amd headed to the hospital.

    15 minutes later,you showed up at the hospital. You signed in for the NICU. They led you to a room and had tou sit down on the chair. 5 minutes later,the nurse brought in Naomi. She looked perfect. Except for her still being tiny. She asked you to take your breast out. She brought Naomi up to your chest, and she latched on real quick. The nurse looks at you and smiles. She then says, "How does it feel  sweetheart?" You looked down at your daughter, who was peacefully nursing, and then back up at the nurse and said,"It feels so weird." The nurse smiled again and said,"It will feel weird the first you start nursing. But you will get used to it. Well, I will let you two be. If you need me,just press that button." You nodded your head. The nurse walks out, and now it's just you and Naomi. You traced your finger on her head and said, "You truly are a blessing, sweet girl. You are strong,brave, and beautiful. I love you very much. I know you weren't supposed to see the world for another month,but here you are. In my arms! You are such a brave girl,darling." While she was still nursing,she slowly opened her eyes. You can see that she Eddie's eyes. You placed a kiss on her tiny head.

   A few minutes later,Eddie shows up. You were still nursing. He walks up to you and places a kiss on your head. He knelt down beside you and placed a kiss on Naomi's head. He watched while you nursed. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. "Oh my good,she is perfect, babe. I see she is taking to the breast rather well. She is going to town. Maybe she was getting tired of bottles." After she was done nursing,you put her over your shoulder and patted her back gently. She let out a burp and a sigh afterward. You looked at Eddie and said, "Do you want to hold her?" "Yes of course I want to hold my daughter." You hand her off to Eddie. You got up from the chair. You had to use the bathroom. Eddie takes over the chair. You walk out, and Eddie had taken his shirt off. He was doing the skin on skin contact. It was such a beautiful sight. A father and his daughter. You crouched down next to them and said, "My two favorite people in the world." You placed a kiss on Naomi's head and kissed Eddie's lips. "I love you both so very much." Eddie says to you. "I can't believe how beautiful my two girls are. And did you know that she has my eye color." He got all giggily. You smiled at him and said "Yes,I know she has your eye color. And I am not mad about it whatsoever." You kissed his lips and placed your hand on top of Naomi's head.  Your family was complete for now. You did want to have at 2 more kids with Eddie. But you are gonna wait until Naomi is at 2 years old to try for another baby.

  The nurse walks back in to check up on you guys. "So how did the feeding go?" She had asked. "It went very well,thank you ver much for asking. She latched on pretty quickly. I still can't overcome the fact that she is actually here. I am shocked!" You smiled at Eddie. He got up off the chair,so you can sit back down so you can cuddle your daughter. The nurse had left,you unbuttoned your shirt and your breasts showing. Eddie placed Naomi in between your breasts. She laid there perfectly on your chest. She instantly fell asleep while listening to your heartbeat and voice.