chapter : 16

Abhishek's pov:

When Dax asked me whom I love, "I wanted to tell him right then there that it's none other than your sister whom I love deeply from thr bottom of my heart."

We reached the function  after some time and went over to our family.

I was standing next to my Mom.

Mom praised Shanvi and then came over to me, saying, "By the way, you both are wearing the same outfit."

She started teasing me, and I said, "Please, Mom, it's not like that. Don't overthink it; it's just a coincidence, okay? And as for the same outfit, I didn't even knew this function was happening. You're the one who picked out my outfit."

Mummy smiled and said: "yes I know, I know" then she said:" By the way, tell your dad that Nisha is also at the function, so we can meet her too."

I went to Dad and said, "Come on, let's go meet Nisha di."

We were just about to go meet Nisha di when Nisha di and jiju arrived to meet us.

Mummy introduced everyone and said:"This is our daughter Nisha and this is our son-in-law Rohan."

Then everyone met each other, and Seema aunty said" beta, I haven't seen you before."

Nishu di: yes aunty, meri shadi ko abhi do saal hue hai aur rohan aur mera work schedule ki vajah se hum koi bhi function attend hi nahi kar pate, par is baar mummy papa and abhishek aaye hai isliye pahele hi work complete kar liya.

[Nishu di: yes aunty, It's been two years since our marriage, and due to Rohan's and my work schedules, we couldn't attend any functions. But this time, my parents and Abhishek have come, so we've already completed our work beforehand.]

Seema aunty smiled and said:"achha hai ab tum log sabse mil sakte ho."

Then everyone was talking, and that's when Nisha di came over to me, gave me a hug, and said:How's my monkey brother?

I frowned and said: aate hi shuru ho gayi kya aap aur kya di sab ke samne aise kon bulata hai, meri izzat ka bhi sawal hai.

Di chuckled and said: me aise hi bulati hu aur rahi baat izzat ki hahahhaha, nice joke.

I irritated and everyone laughed.

Also shanvi was laughing : When I looked at her, I thought, No wonder she only laughs when nishu di called me a monkey,' and how lovely she's smile.

Mummy said: kitne bhi bade ho na jaye par ye dono bhai bahen ki nokjok kabhi khatam hi nahi hogi.

Everyone chuckled and Trupti aunty said: The same happens with Shanvi and Shubh; they also argue like this.

Shubh said: ha ye to har baar iski hi galti hoti hai, varna muje kya argument karne ka sokh nahi hai.

[Shubh said: Yes, it's always her fault, otherwise I have no interest in arguing.]

Shanvi frowned: ohhhh hello just shut up, it's your fault all the time. Okay!

Dadaji said: chalo chalo ab yaha shuru mat ho jana aap dono.

[Dadaji said: Come on, don't start here, both of you.]

Then Nishu di came to me and said: Now that you've finally come to India, when are you planning to meet your beloved, the girl you've been loving for the past four years?

I smiled : aap ko kya lagta hai di, me mil chuka hunga aur milne vala hu?

Didi said: Of course, you'll meet now because you've just arrived in India, and it's only been four days since you came.