Chapter : 22

Abhishek's pov:

"I was thinking that it's been a long time, but Shanvi hasn't come out of the room yet. I wonder if she knows what just happened, and suddenly, I remembered that I was really angry, and I blurted out that I love Shanvi. I wonder if she heard that?"

After thinking all this, I decided to go into her room to check on her. I hope she's okay.

When I was about to go towards her room, someone grabbed my hand.

When I looked back, there was no one but Seema aunty. She gestured for me to sit next to her, and I began to look at her in confusion.

Then, I asked aunty, 'What happened? Why did you stop me? Shanvi is alone in her room, and I'm worried whether she's okay or not. Besides, she hasn't eaten anything since morning, and now it's already evening.'

Seema aunty: "beta, Tell me, why are you so concerned about Shanvi when everyone was scolding her, and Shivam was saying really mean things about her? I saw tears in your eyes, and it seemed like you were worried about her."

I looked at my parents, and my mother gestured for me to tell the truth. That's when I felt that if I tell the truth about how I know Shanvi, how long I've known her, her family might not understand it right now. Maybe the right time will come later, and I'll reveal it then.

"I tried to change the topic and said, 'Can you all please allow me to go to Shanvi and talk to her?'"

Dadi said: Come on, let's all go to her; my daughter must be very upset, and all of you were saying things without even knowing the full story. It's good that Abhishek managed everything, and Shivam was silenced by Abhishek; otherwise, who knows what negative things he would say about our sweet, lovely daughter.

                                  •~•

Author's pov:

When dadi said this, all nodded in agreement because in front of  dadi and dadaji , no one could speak against their words.

Everyone was standing outside Shanvi's room, calling her and knocking on the door, but despite several attempts to get her to respond, Shanvi didn't say anything or open the door.

After 15 mins,

When Shanvi's father said, 'meri pyaari beti, open the door. We are all worried. You haven't eaten anything since morning, and you have low blood pressure. If you don't eat, you might feel dizzy and fall ill. My daughter, please open the door and talk to me,' while saying all this, Shanvi's father started to cry.

"Shanvi's uncle placed a hand on her father's shoulder and said, 'Bhaiya (brother), don't worry, and please don't cry, or else Shanvi will hear, and she won't be able to bear the fact that her beloved father is crying.'"

After hearing all this, Shanvi came closer to the door but didn't open it. She stood there leaning on the door and said, "papa, I'm not worthy to be called your daughter. If possible, please forgive me for making a big mistake by falling in love."

Shanvi's father said: nahi beta, aisa kuch bhi nahi hai. Tumhari koi galti nahi hai pata hai. meri beti ne to sachha pyaar kiya hai na. Bas tum bahar aao muje meri beti rani ko dekhna hai.
Saying this Shanvi's papa controlled his tears.

[Shanvi's father said: no daughter, It's not like that at all. It's not your fault. I know my daughter has truly loved, hasn't she? Just come out; I want to see my princess.]

                                  •~•

Abhishek's pov:

Controlling my tears, I said, "Shanvi, everyone wants to talk to you, and I promise that nothing bad will happen to you now."