Chapter : 23

Shanvi's pov:

I didn't feel like eating anything, and after all this happened, I was just thinking that I'll go in front of everyone, and then they will talk and taunt me. It's better that I stay hungry in my room.

In a little while, they called me for dinner and my mom and everyone were forcing me a lot, but I clearly refused and said, "I don't want to eat; you all eat."

Then Abhishek also said to me, "Shanvi, please eat. It's not good to stay hungry like this; you might get sick."

I didn't say anything and moved away from the door to the balcony of my room. Then I noticed that I hadn't changed into the morning function clothes, and they were a little damp due to today's rain, but after all this happened, I didn't pay attention to it.

Then I sat by the balcony railing, bent my knees, clasped my hands together in my lap, and rested my head on them, and many thoughts started running through my mind.

I don't know why, but everything from today was running through my mind, and I just couldn't control my tears. After thinking about everything, I started sobbing.

Then, while crying, my hands went to my eyes, and I started crying. And my bangles were making a soft sound, and the anklets on my feet were jingling softly. I don't know why, but listening to the sound of my anklets reminded me of this morning.

"Because when it was raining this morning with Abhishek, and I got a little cold, he lifted me in his arms and took me to a corner, and my anklet got slightly undone. He sat me down, placed my feet on his knees, and lovingly fixed my anklet, and as his fingers touched my skin, I shivered with his touch."

"Thinking about all this, a small smile appeared on my lips as tears rolled down."

"Then my attention turned towards the garden where Jiayansh was playing. Seeing him, I remembered that he had called me this afternoon, but I couldn't respond after all that happened. But now, I have the urge to meet him because his sweet and innocent conversations can make me smile."

"Then suddenly, I received a notification on my phone. I came from the balcony to my room, walked to the edge of the bed, picked up my phone, and opened Messenger. I saw that there were many messages from Shivam."

"Then I checked the messages, and upon reading them, I got scared."

                                 •~•

Author's pov:

Shivam-

How did you like today's spectacle, my sweetheart? Do you think after all this, everyone will trust you? Well, to be honest, I actually had a lot of fun today because you compelled me to do all of this.

                                                       Shanvi-

What do you mean by saying all this? What do you want to do with me now? Have you still not found peace in your heart after doing all this?

Shivam-

Hahaha! How can my heart find peace my baby girl? when your brother Dax and your new admirer seemed a bit too enthusiastic today?  

                                                      Shanvi-

I don't understand what you mean, and as for what Dax said, you can't say anything about Abhishek because he didn't know anything about us. How many times do I have to explain this to you, Shivam?

Shivam-

Awww! You're also taking that new scoundrel's side now. Well, now I'll make sure to do something before those two hearts meet, so you regret it for a lifetime.