Nightmares - Caine x Reader

REQUESTED!

Zooble will be next and then I might write Jax again.

----------------------------------------------

You tossed and turned in your bed, this was the first time you had a nightmare in awhile. You quickly woke up in a cold sweat, a large gasp escaped your mouth. You were pretty shaken up. After all, that was one of the worst nightmares you've ever had. A voice then spoke, you flinch at it. 

"Oh, sorry dear, I didn't mean to scare you!" Caine said, floating over to you. You pulled your blanket up a tad bit. "I-It's fine..." You replied, relieved that it was just Caine. "Hm...did you have one of those unpleasant realistic dreams?" Caine asked, sitting on the bed beside you.

"You mean a nightmare?" You questioned, tilting your head slightly. "Yes! A nightmare!" He answered in a weirdly cheery and concerned voice. You nodded your head, looking down at the blanket clenched in your hand. Caine seemed to understand. "Well then, would you like comfort?" Caine asked, though this time his tone was actually quite soft. It was pretty unlike him, you've never seen him genuinely concerned for anyone.

You looked back at him, you then nodded your head again. "That would-... be nice." You shrugged slightly. Caine then wrapped his arms around you, giving you a comforting hug. You returned the hug, the memory of your nightmare slowly fading away.

226 words!!!!