Emotion - Jax x Virus! Reader x Pomni

REQUESTED!!!

I WAS SO EXCITED TO WRITE THIS ONE LOL

also, I'm gonna write Caine again!!

Since he was requested

————————————————————————————————————————

You elegantly walked along the halls of the digital circus. Your normal, blank expression pasted onto your face. Your hands clasped together in a proper manner. You were currently lost in your thoughts, trying to recall everything from start to finish.

You were Virus, but you'd rather call yourself an Ai. You were somehow created by a glitch in the system. The developers of this 'digital circus' game forgot to fix. Caine was rather surprised when he found out you existed. Though, he thought you'd be a good addition to his 'show', so her offered you a position.

You didn't really have a purpose... so you agreed. Not wanting to stay in the void for the rest of eternity. But, this did have its pro's and con's. When you saw human souls enter this realm, they thought you were also human. And they treated you as one.

You liked this, a lot actually. Being treated as one of them brung some warmth in your heart. If you even had one. And that's when it all started, you posed as a human soul. Like you actually had a life, and body before this. Like you had a purpose. And weren't made from a creators mistake.

Posing as human soul wasn't too hard. But, probably the hardest thing about it was showing emotions. You didn't show much emotion, since... well you didn't know how to really express it. Also, it's not like you felt much anyways. But you'd give anything to feel something. Just like a real being would.

It was an unusual quiet day. No sounds of screaming, crashing, Jax pulling pranks, or Pomni having an external crisis. It was just, peaceful today. Even though you were used to the noise, you enjoyed the peacefulness of it all.

Speaking of Pomni and Jax. You were quite close to the two. Jax having interested you with his cocky and teasing personality. And Pomni, having interested you with her nervous and anxious manner.

Though, unaware to you, the two were quite suspicious of you lately. As, they were starting to realize things they haven't noticed before. Your lack of emotion now being clear as day. Along with how you haven't shown any signs of happiness, sadness, anger, or even insanity. Jax thought you were a sociopath, but Pomni was thinking deeper.

While you were walking around, the two were discussing this topic in Jax's room. "What if they were an Ai? Or like... a virus?" Pomni wondered. Jax looked at Pomni with a 'Are you $&!# serious' expression. "That's probably the dumbest thing you ever said." Jax said.

"No but think about it! Do you remember when they got here?" Pomni asked Jax, her eyes slightly wide. Jax thought for a moment. "No." Jax answered plainly. "See? We don't know how they got here!" Pomni explained, trying to prove a point. Jax sighed, and crossed his arms. "...I mean, you have a point. Nobody saw them arriving or appearing." Jax started to actually think about it. "So you agree with me?" Pomni raised a brow. Receiving a sigh from Jax.

"I don't know yet. We'd probably need more proof." Jax shrugged, and looked to Pomni. She then nodded, and looked to the side. Trying to figure out how she could possibly get proof. Pomni then thought of an Idea. "I'll talk to them." Pomni, then got up and ran out of the room. Jax just watched her. Wondering if she had actually lost her mind or if you were really what she was saying you were.

He huffed and got up, following Pomni.

After walking around, you returned to your room. Taking a deep breath till you heard a knock on your door. You turned around, and walked to the door. Opening it, you see Pomni and Jax. "Oh, Hello." You greeted them. You stepped aside and allowed them to enter.

Jax placed a hand on his hip, and Pomni looked quite nervous. You closed the door, and stood in front of both of them. "Y/N..." Pomni started, looking up at you. You turned your head to her. "Yes?" You said, even though it was a question, there wasn't much curiosity behind your voice.

"Are you... perhaps a virus or Ai of some sort..? Sorry if this is a weird question I just-" Pomni cut herself off as she saw your expression.

Your eyes were wide and your mouth slightly open. You looked nervous...and shocked. This was the first time you've ever shown emotion, well, in front of them at least. "Huh, guess you were right." Jax said nonchalantly.

"W-Where...How- No...!" You replied, alarmed. Wondering how they found out.

Pomni was double shocked. One, being that you have been and Ai/Virus all this time, and the second being your were showing emotion. "Really doll-face? Cuz your freaking out right now." Jax said, raising a brow.

"N-No! I-.." You paused as you tried to find an excuse. Nothing came to you. And there it goes, you could no longer convince them. You kinda just stood there awkwardly...

Jax grinned. "Hah, knew it." He chuckled with his arms crossed. "Okay...but how did you guys even find out..?" You questioned starting to calm down. "Well..." Pomni shrugged. "I guess the way you acted. Didn't seem very human, to me at least." Pomni answered. "Fair enough." You said looking at the ground.

"But you actually showed emotion for once..." Pomni then said. "I'm actually curious, why the sudden burst of emotion?" Jax asked, placing his hands on his waist. "Good question. Guess I was just so surprised that you guys found out that I went above my limit and showed genuine shock." You guessed, Not knowing the answer to actual question.

"Can you feel other emotions then? Like...love?" Pomni asked.

And I'm gonna leave it at that

990 words!!

Might make a part two. AND I MEAN MIGHT THERE WILL BE NO WILL* OR I WILL MAKE A PART TWO** ALSO DO NOT PUT A GUN AGAINST MY HEAD AGAIN.

Sorry if this makes zero sense I just went along with what my brain was telling me 😭

Just read over it! I'm cringing so hard rn! THAT LAST LINE WAS SO CORNY OML