Waiting for you - Pomni x Reader

This takes place before the amazing digital circus

Also, this is angst

Wasn't requested just had this idea

I think I might do yandere alphabets next if any of y'all are interested in it

———————————————————————————————————-

"Promise me you'll call me every week?" You asked, looking at Pomni. "I Promise, I'll call you every week." Pomni reassured you, taking your hand and giving it a tight squeeze.

Pomni, your girlfriend, was moving to another state for college. You sadly couldn't come with her as you hadn't gotten in. A long distance relationship would hurt, but you were willing to wait for her.

You waved to her as she entered her flight. You felt a tear roll down your cheek. As this would be the last time you see her in person until who knows how long.

Pomni kept her promise and called you every week. She told you what it was like, the new friends she met, everything. Along with how much she missed you.

But...one week, she didn't call you. You assumed she was just really busy, so you tried not to think to much of it.

The next week, she also didn't call you. You were getting concerned. What if she didn't love you anymore? No, your probably just overthinking.

But, week after week no calls. You now were reasonably concerned. You also texted some of her friends from college, they actually haven't seen her for weeks.

Pomni was reported missing...

If only you remembered how much you cried. But then again...everybody has to move on. You thought of her everyday though. Never once did you forget about her. You will wait for her. Just like you did when she was still with you.

It's been years since she went missing...

"Merry Christmas Y/N!" Your cousin exclaimed. You unwrapped your gift and saw it was a headset! "Woah...a headset?" You said, looking at it in awe.

"Mhm! I thought you would like it since you were talking about it a few weeks ago." They say, smiling. "Thank you so much! I'll definitely try this out later!" You smiled back at them.

Setting up the headset, you finally place it on your head.

Wait...

Suddenly, music starts playing. And you are surrounded by some sort of...circus? Where the hell were you?!

Looking around, quite panicked you see a chess piece, a ribbon with a mask, a raggedy Ann doll, a purple rabbit, a weird mouth guy, and...a jester.

Why did the jester seem so familiar...

You try to think back. You can't. You don't remember anything.

You learned everybody's names: Kinger, Gangle, Ragatha, Jax, Caine, and...Pomni.

Why did she seem so familiar yet you can't remember anything?

You also got a new name: Y/N

Ragatha showed you to your room, you were currently sat on your bed. Everything was sort of a blur right now...

Your memory, the whole explanation of this place.

You snapped out of your thoughts as a knock was placed on your door. You look over, a got up from your bed. You placed your hand on the door nob, and twisted it.

Opening the door, the jester girl from earlier greeted you. "Hey, Y/N right?" Pomni questioned, looking up at you. You nodded your head, "Yep, your Pomni?" Pomni nodded her head.

She came in and you guys talked for a bit. Until she suddenly said, "Is it weird that I don't remember anything about my past life, yet you seem extremely familiar..?" Pomni looked at you for a second. "I...feel the same way about you actually... maybe we knew each other?" You supposed, tilting your head to the side.

"Hm, that could be a possibility!" Pomni said, a small smile on her face. You gave small smile back, nodding your head.

636 WORDSSS RHHEBEHEHWJHEBD