Chapter 2: Streets

She pulled her dirty brown cloak on top her messily braided blond hair, covering her face. It was almost evening, when the market of slum Rusticville and Oakridge started to get crowded in nothing but an old broad alleyway. Indigo moved around the crowd as swiftly as a sharp dragger cuts a skin. Bumping and running into people as she made her way across towards the other end of the alley. Her ocean blue eyes scanning around the crowd. Her face hidden with a long piece of her dirty cloak. She bumped into an elderly man, held him so he wouldn't fall over, she was a little taller than the man in front of her. Her hands swiping across the old man's bag. She muttered a quite apology to him and strode her way into a small deserted alley away from the sea of bodies. She smirked a little as she held the pouch of gold coins on her eye level. This is Indigo, Indigo Perez, a muggler, thief, scammer whatever you call it. She was quite good at swiping people's valuables. Stealing and being sneaky was a second nature of hers.
She walked in the small deserted alleyway when a boy few years younger approached her.
"What did you get?, I got this gold watch and this cheap silver bracelet, thought it was real at first" the guy said.
" Didn't I tell you Zach,  not everything shiny is real" Indigo narrowed her eyes at Zachary.
" Yeah yeah I'm sorry but I see you've got your hands on some gold coins?" Zachary inquired as Indigo smirked at him. She threw the pouch at him as she watched the sun set through gaps between the large buildings. "150 gold coins, You hit the jackpot, Indi!"
"Yeah, c'mon let's go we gotta steal some bread for tonight we ran out of the one from last week"
"Why steal, Indi we can BUY a whole loaf of bread AND fruits that'll last us weeks" Zachary said dreamily thinking about the little luxury. "We're thieves Zach, and thieves don't buy things, if someone sees us even outside their shop, they'll report us to soldiers " Indigo rolled her eyes. Zach looked at her for a minute before asking "How many years it's been Indi?"
"To what?"
"To us being like this, to you being like this?"
"maybe 8 years since I ran from that orphanage, 6 years since I found you right in this alley" she said looking at him. Zachary was one and only important person in Indigo's life. She found him in the alleyway when he was merely 9 years old. She took him in, fed him and taught him the street work and robbing tricks, he was like a little brother to her. "I've been doing this for 8 years Zach, 8 fucking years, stealing, running away, fighting with other rogues. There's nothing new in life. I've killed and hurt a lot of people Zach and I think it doesn't bother me until it starts to repeat In my head, I'm so tried I just..want it to be different..for you too" she let out her thoughts
"You've given me enough, Indi. I don't even know what I would've done if you didn't take me with you, I feel like sometimes that you're destined for something great..you know" "huh, great my foot" she gave him a sarcastic laugh. "Enough of that we have to go and get some bread, and fruits too if you want" she said getting up with Zachary and walking back in the dark that has now engulfed the city.
         —•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
Thank you for reading.