Chapter 9: Believing

Levi woke up early, got ready, wearing white t-shirt and a grey sweatshirt on top, with blue pants and his usual silver dragon chain dangling on his neck, his hair unstyled. He went down stairs telling a servant to inform his parents that he is leaving to attend some business. He got in the car asked the driver to get him to the constructional site he went to yesterday. As he was sitting in the car a lot of thoughts roamed in his mind, his leg bouncing in nerves. The nightmare was still fresh in his mind.

He was thinking of the possible outcomes of todays meet. Before everything he has to find the thief girl he met the day before, for to find the girl, he had to search in the same area. The driver stopped the car at the site as Levi quickly got off rushing around the alleys of Slum Rusticville, hoping to find the thief girl. Suddenly he found himself in a non crowded alleyway he looked around. His blue eyes landed on an abandoned building he went in looking around, but being Levi O'Brein he couldn't stand to stay in dirt, he was about to turn around to leave he felt something sharp on his neck, someone held a dragger on his neck from behind he stilled not moving an inch. The person behind him sighed and lowered the weapon. "What are you doing here, rich boy? Stalking me are you?" He recognized the voice, the thief girl. He turned around. "Fuck, thank god I found you, did something weird happen with you last night?" He asked. She raised her eyebrow saying "Even If it did why should I tell you" this girl was getting on his nerve she was a tight competition to his nonchalance and he did not like it.
"Listen here thief—"
"I have a name"
"—and I don't care and now listen last night I had a nightmare—"
"awww is mama's boy scared? Does baby need an hug?" She said mockingly.
"Shut up" he growled. "This is important, I had a nightmare warning me that there will be blood on our hands if we don't make right choices and this is all related to the man we met in the forest and I found this box in my room asking us to find him" Levi explained showing her the red box, Indigo looked at him seriously the tension filling the room, weird thing did happen to her she discovered she could do magic and what was weirder than that? She knew it was related to the man. "Okay, let's go and find him I know a short cut to the forest" she agreed. "Okay let's go" Levi said moving forward, but Indigo stopped him.
"wait I'll be back, I have to get ready" she said as he rolled his eyes at her. After 15 minutes Indigo came back changed out of her long skirt and top she wore a old black dress that reached her ankles with her cloak on since it was a little chilly that morning, her blonde hair braided. She slid her dragger back in the pocket of her cloak and asked him to follow her.

Levi and Indigo turned street after street finally reaching the exact spot of the events happened yesterday.
"Ahhh you guys are here, I knew you'd come" Roman the man from
Yesterday exclaimed, he, along with the girl sat on the ground on a picnic mat. "Come sit" Eloise offered, Indigo sat beside her without a thought as Levi hesitated a bit but eventually sat down. "You guys want some breakfast we have bread and jam and some tea too" Again Indigo agreed while Levi refused the three ate in silence while Levi just stared at their faces. Roman stuffing his face with bread and then taking a spoonful of jam also stuffing it in his mouth, Eloise handed Indigo a jam sandwich which she took gratefully, because for Indigo she didn't have the luxury to buy jams and all, and she didn't get to eat a lot too so she took the sandwich, muttering a thank you. "What the fuck are we here for? to eat or actually talk some business?" Levi asked. " 'M sorry young man, so what do you want to talk" Roman said as some jam fell down his mouth. "You're disgusting, fucking close you're mouth and eat, swallow your food" Levi said highly disgusted, while Roman choked on his bread Eloise quickly gave him some water and patted his back. "Calm down a little would you, Roman the food's not running away" Eloise scolded him, as he calmed down a little after swallowing the food in his mouth. "Sorry, anyways back to business tell me what happened Augustus" Levi looked blankly at him saying.
"I am no Augustus, I am Levi O'Brien"
"It doesn't matter how much you deny it and try to run away it'll come back to you it's destiny and it's bound to happen one way or other and maybe  if you let this chance get away, you'd wish it was different, but then you cannot do anything but regret" Roman said wisely. Levi's mind poundered on the words. Indigo then spoke "I- Last night I discovered that I could do magic..." Roman quickly sat straight and said "That is great Oceane, can you do that again?" He asked. "I don't know if I can" she said uncertaintly "it's okay just think that you want it to happen" Eloise encouraged her. Indigo nodded her head and closed her eyes. Suddenly the water in their cups started to levitate and bind together to form a ball of water. All three others gasped and then the water slowly returned back in the cups as Indigo opened her eyes, a little nervous. "The nature thinks you're worthy of having something as beautiful as magic and that too, controlling water, an essential element that's good sign to have you on our quest only now that if you agree" Roman asked. "I had a dream last night, like a warning telling me to choose the right choices or I'll have blood on my hands, that if I fail to make the right choice I would lose a chance to see..light, it said and I think I believe you, Roman even if I don't want to" Levi spoke.

Levi and Indigo shared a look before saying "I think we're ready to join the journey and help your people." Roman eyes widen emotions swirling in them, the hopes of the freedom rising a little. Eloise clapped and said "That'll be great we'll save Lumierè together, Roman" Roman smiled "Thank you, Thank you so much" Roman couldn't say it but he was internally very grateful to them. Indigo continued saying "So Lumierè how do we go there and when do we go there?"
"Well it is a three days journey we have to make to go to Lumierè..it starts right between this very forest" "But isn't said that the one who goes in the forest doesn't return back because it is so dense?" Levi questioned. To be honest Levi isn't the type of person to believe magic but it'll be a lie to say that he wasn't interested in the things happening and it was as if his desire to runaway was coming true.  "Yeah well that is because this forest in protected by magic the dept of it is lead to the gateway of Lumierè. And about when to go of if you're ready we can leave today" Roman answered. Roman wanted to get back to Lumierè as soon as they can because living in the mortal world can weaken his slowly powers. "Today? We don't have our things with us" Indigo reasoned. "See it's just 11:30 now you both and go and get the thing you need and then we can leave" and in the end all of them agreed, agreed for an magical adventure.
      —•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Hi beautiful people!! Hope you're enjoying the story so far.. 1359 words pretty long chapter huh?
Please vote of you're enjoying it
Thank you for reading!!