Chapter 23: Reading books

"My body is aching so much especially my feet I feel like I should chop them off" Aveil cried, falling down on his bed. "Then chop it off" Levi replied his eyes fixed on a book he was reading. It was early in the morning after Roman made everyone jog around the town without break since their trainers were busy with mending the half burnt town. "Ha ha ha funny" Aveil rolled his eyes. "What are you even reading so intensely?" He questioned "Its a book about Lumierè's history" Aveil quickly made a jump on Levi bed, landing right on top of him. "Ouch, mate what the hell" Levi yelled pushing him off. "Sorry, so tell me what you have read yet" Aveil apologized and sat crisscross beside Levi.
"So Lumierè was created by the goddess of Nature, Gaea. When gods still use to live on earth, the demons were bothering humans too much, so much that even gods couldn't stop them—"
"Hey boys, did you see Eloise?" Indigo entered the room looking for the girl. "No? Wasn't she with you?" Aveil questioned. "She told me she was going out on a walk she's been bored today" Levi informed, Indigo nodded her head before questioning the boys on what they were doing. "Levi is reading me the history of Lumierè" "That's nice, mind if I join?" She asked standing awkwardly in the door. "Sure why not, come sit" Levi said moving his legs so he can make some space for the girl. She moved forward sitting on Levi's bed her feet tucked beneath her as she sat. "So continue" Aveil said eyeing to the nemesis who were looking rather friendly today. "Yeah so when the gods couldn't defeat the demons they all assembled on Mount Olympus and decided to create a magical being to defeat the demons. To which they granted bits of their own powers. Hephaestus, Amphitrite, Antheia, Zeus, Poseidon gave her abilities to manipulate what that was available in nature, the girl was named Gaea, she was made the goddess of Nature after she defeated the demons. Back then the magical beings use to reside along with humans, and once the demons were gone the humans blamed the magical beings for the disruption of their towns. So, to protect them Gaea created Lumierè for all the magical beings, she also formed 5 originals to care of it." Levi looked up from the book "That's all it says in here" He continued. "That is very less information" Aveil said. "Yeah, Roman mentioned a book called Origin it has all the information we need to know before for defeating Kaiser" Indigo recalled. "Great let's go get that book" Aveil said getting up from the bed Indigo grabbed his wrist and pulled him to sit back down before continuing. "The book is lost from the castle after the death of the King, but it opens to only Originals, so we have to seek it and get the information" she continued. "So where are we suppose to find it?" Aveil asked "How am I to know" Indigo playfully rolled her eyes. "Well we'll worry about that later, but seriously does this thick book not have anything else in it?" Indigo remarked taking the book from Levi's hand. The boy just shrugged "See if you can find anything in it, I haven't read further yet" he said. She tossed the book to Aveil "You read it" the boy caught it before it could fall. "Why won't you read?" Indigo just stared at him before replying "I cannot read I mean I can read basics but I doubt If I still can" she said avoiding eye contact, the boys shared a look and a slight smile before Aveil swung his arm around her taking her by surprise soon his actions were mimicked by Levi. "You know we can teach you how to read" Aveil began "And write" Levi concluded. She looked at them flustered by the closeness of these boys and at the fact that they were ready to teach her to learn and write. "R-really?" She hesitated. Levi sensed her discomfort and quickly pulled himself back making Aveil do the same. "Yeah I mean why not" Levi replied coolly. Indigo bit her lip mumbling a shy 'thank you' to the kind boys. 
"Hey guys" a voice spoke softly, the three Originals turned their head towards the voice. A view of Eloise standing there with a book in her arms, her wavy hairs peeking in every direction, slight sweat on her forehead. "Eloise where the hell were you?" Indigo asked standing up from the bed. "O-oh I-I went to the library actually to get a book" She replied showing Indigo the book she got. The spine of it read 'Unique powers in the Magical world'. "Cool come here, we just read about Lumierè history now we need to know about what that book has to say too" Aveil said excitedly like a child waiting to listen bedtime stories. Eloise came and sat down on the other bed facing the three, Aveil got off and walked to his bed where Eloise sat, sitting next to her to peek in the book over her shoulder. "Okay, so from what I read a little, this book is about unique powers, mostly the one only a single person in the world has, I'll read the introduction" Eloise informed as the others nodded, Indigo quickly grabbed a pillow placing in it her lap pressing her elbows on it her face resting on her palms. "— The powers mentioned in this book are the most unique type of powers, which only one person holds and when that person—due to any reason—dies, disperses and attaches itself on a new person. Normal powers are transferred from generation-to-generation or are granted by the deeds of the person performed in their past life." Eloise reads. "So the powers we have is generational" Levi muttered, Indigo nodded her head in reply. All their eyes were fixed on Eloise and her's were fixed on the book in her hands, she flipped through pages and landing on first power that was mentioned in the book. "Siphoner: this is the power where the host has the ability to suck power out of any other magical being (human) and use it as their own" Aveil made a face saying "Oof we started hard" Eloise shushed him continuing "There are only 5 known holders of this type of powers. One of them was 'Arthur the III' in the 17th century, who took wrong advantages of these powers. He tried to suck the powers of unicorn, tried so hard until his lungs started to bleed. When known to the king, he punished Arthur and was dropped in the ocean for the Devils Whale to feed."  "That is so gruesome" Aveil reacted. "Next up is Cursed Name, where the one who possess it has their name cursed. If someone speaks the hosts name out loud that person will suffer from consequences mostly of horrible and insufferable pains." "Why does this book has such dark forms of magic" Indigo furrowed her eyes brows. "I have no idea but anyways next one is a little better— Shapeshifting, where one can take form of any other being according to their will" "So like werewolves?" Levi asked. "No shapeshifting is different, werewolves are part-magical animals where they have a wolf soul living inside of them, but shapeshifter are complete magical humans who can take form of any other being" after listing a few more powers Eloise came across a power, it just seemed to captivate her attention making her read it out to other. "This one" she pointed at the title making Aveil look at it his face scrunched up.   "—This one is called 'Magic of Death' where the host can kill someone with just a glance. This is the most rare type of power ever known to human and possibly the most darkest power ever known. There are only 3 known people with this type of powers those are—  Adelaide Abott, Darwin Bernard and..." her eyes widened, a soft gasp leaving her lips as she read the last name, making the other stun at her words too. "Kaiser Hawthorne".
       —•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Vote and thank you for reading 🌸