HYPOCRITE. 11

"Do you know how much this copier machine cost?" Stanley yelled to Hannah.

Tears were flowing endlessly from the poor girl, she flinches every second Stanley voice booms.

"I am so sorry Sir." Hannah whimpered for a fifteen times.

"I hate those words, you know why!?" Stanley asked smiling sweetly but the smile doesn't match his facial expressions and how his veins bulge out of his forearms.

Hannah shook her head in denial, trembling with fear, fidgeting with her hands and her feet restless and if she would dare to shuffle around much she will tackle the equipment which doesn't run and stuck with rebellious papers in it.

"Because If you were sorry enough, you wouldn't dare to break my precious machine." He pointed an accusing finger at her.

If I'd be in Hannah position right now, I'd be five feet dead. All the VIP staffs were out to witness the humiliation and all the trainees were present to learn a lesson, through Hannah who set as an example.

"Bad enough, even if you collect all the rags from your closet or sell your parent slum I bet you will not afford this thing." He took steps to the trembling girl and push her harshly by his index finger to her forehead.

Is this the great sweet angelic Stanley I know or he is being possessed!?

Maybe the machine cost a fortune that is why he is angry but still...

The way he is treating her Infront of all these people is very disturbing and...

"Isabella."

"Y-Yes Sir" I stutter nervously biting my inner cheek.

All eyes are on me now and IT IS NOT PRETTY. I never hate spotlight till now.

"What do you have to say about this, I put you in charge since day one for your acquittances." He raised his brow.

Is this a test?

Stanley is wrong and siding with him will be a hypocrisy.

"This is pulling back Company's effort to move forward, instead of buying other machine to support our works we've to replace the copier machine. What were you thinking Hannah, please be careful next time."

Did I just say that?

That was literally siding with the man.

I bite my lip, hung my head low, feeling ashamed of what I have done. Regretting but still like a pawn I let myself being used to downgrade her.

Disgusted.

That is what I saw when I raise my head to face my fellow trainees.

I couldn't believe I did that.

I was supposed to defend her and not to point finger at her. But dumbly I spew nonsense to look cool to the eyes of Stanley.

"I'll be careful next time." A weak worn out Hannah's voice heard.

There was a laugh.

Stanley laughed and scoffed "There's no next time, I can't stand another surprise of a broken equipment in my Company."

Did he just fire her!?

Yes, Yes he did.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

"Aw you used all the portions of your brain to process that idea, am flattered." He cooed and Nicholas smiled stood, he was presenting his proposal for the improvement of the Company image.

"Do you still call that a great idea.?" Stanley asked leaning back crossing his arms over his taut chest.

"Uh-um..." Nicholas squirms.

"Isabella..?"

"Yes S-S-Sir." I planted my best professional smile nervously.

It is day eight but I feel like I've been working nonstop for eight straight years. I feel old and worn out.

The past week has been the constant firing of people around. Since the copier machine incident on Tuesday, it wasn't put to rest but Stanley made sure to patrol each spec of his Company and firing trainees.

I swallowed my pride and become his puppet, he calls me his perfect secretary. I felt dirty but I had to bear with it hoping he'd put me in his team of accountants.

"Isabella..."

"Huh..." I lock eyes with him in fear, I chuckled and shrugged.

What can I say for the things I didn't hear?

"Tks, Tks, tks... they are also giving you headache, right?" Stanley pouted and shift his gaze to Nicholas.

"Roger, tell us your proposal. Who knows? If we are lucky, this youngster will manage to learn something." He smirking maneuver his hand for Nicholas to get off stage.

"We all know that we are dealing with housewares, it'd be a great honor for us to receive special order when people request which type of utensils they want. We are aiming for big sharks, for example Red Star Company sent me some samples for their Historical drama when I preach them the idea and they offered a huge money." Roger grinned.

Don't tell me he...

"That's-thats my idea." Nicholas stood looking fanatically and his eyes settled to Stanley.

"Are you saying that I stole your idea? Hey Kid, it's a coincidence and I didn't hear you mention anything like Red Star." Roger laughed, more like a deep chuckle.

All the staffs remained quiet discuss among themselves the proposal not giving a single spare to Nicholas and his lamentations.

"But I told you Yesterday and you said it was good and encouraged me to propose it."

"I didn't talk with you Yesterday Kid, I was with Jax the whole day."

All of us, trainees eyes were on Jax. He nodded with a straight face.

Other staffs were busy searching for Red Star Company for better details and Stanley flipping Roger's well arranged proposal which I didn't see it with him when we were coming.

But deep down I knew they were lying, they stole Nicholas idea and don't want to give him the credit.

The marking start of the new week was already sour with foul smell.

**********

Hi sweetpies.💫
Please don't forget to vote.🌟
Sooooooo, how is the story going from ur POV?
Le'me know on the comment section.
Adios.