A FEATHERY TOUCH. 15

"Isabella." Kaiden nodded in appreciation to the lady who stood outside the cafe late at night.

"S-Kaiden." Isabella returned the favor stuttering.

A colour rushed to her cheeks, praying for Snow to miss the slip of her tongue.

Too bad he caught on, his grinned said it all. He didn't expect for Isabella to work till this late.

"Any plan for tonight?" Kaiden asked fidgeting his car's key in his hand locking his orbs with her.

"No, just going home." Isabella shrugged

Mr. Karlsson.

Miss Luciano.

That is what they have been addressing each other from the very first day of Isabella working again at the Cafe.

It felt strange. They felt like strangers to each other. It was distant. Nervousness, uncomfortabilty and strange things sprinkled around them, just two days more and the first week will end.

"Can I... um... take you home?" Kaiden offered after a long pause.

"Um... I... tax... um"

"It's pretty chill and... I... don't want you to wait that long A-Isabella ." Kaiden explained.

"O-okay, thank you S-Kaiden."

Please call me Snow, this is becoming so weird between us. Just call me Snow like always Amore.

Kaiden lingered his eyes to the tanned lady and he sighed went to open the front door for her.

"Thank you." She smiled and sat, Kaiden closes the door.

Isabella, Isabella, Isabella.
Tired, worn out, exhausted. Different synonyms but you get it right? Please call me Amore, I feel so distant.

Isabella eyes lingered to Kaiden who started the engine of his black Audi.

Their eyes met, no one could peel their eyes from the other.

"Um..." Isabella thought of an excuse.

Kaiden beamed.

Thump, Isabella heart limps to the sight of Kaiden's dashing smile.

Kaiden leans towards Isabella, the dangerous proximity didn't help either to the skipping heart of her.

He said something but Isabella didn't catch because her eyes settled unconscious to the man's red lips.

"Safety... Kaiden pull a seat belt ready to secure Isabella, his eyes searched for hers but he found something else.

A desire.

First." Kaiden finished his statement, trailing his eyes from the amber orbs to the heavy bottom lip glossed luscious lips.

Is it gravity? But it doesn't work that way, does it?

It was like magnetic attraction of different poles.

As Kaiden lost to those pair of shine lips, Isabella only see red as rose to the thing few centimeters below the nose.

Exchange of air.

Dysfunctional breathing.

A nose to nose touch.

A feathery touch of lips ready to devour each other in longing.

Half closed eyes.

Couldn't care anymore. Didn't hide anymore. Distance makes the heart grow fonder? Well, maybe Yes?

All the troubles, fire arrows, daggers she has been receiving from Allison and uncertainty harmless stares from her co-workers perished away.

Heart aches, lifeless heart, foggy mind evaporated and Kaiden felt alive than before.

Poh poh poh Pooh

A car horn made them jump from each other.

Isabella bites her lower lip avoids Kaiden's eyes. Her cheeks resembles a ripped tomato.

A pale tone skin doesn't help either, all red. Cheeks, tips of ears, neck. Exaggerating much? The whole body of Kaiden.!

A deep chuckle escaped Kaiden, meeting Isabella's eyes.

The tension broke and Isabella giggled in return staring at each other in twinkles.

Pooh Pooh Pooh

Now this made them laugh, they do or don't know how mad the person behind them is.

"Let's hit the road." Kaiden smiled after recover and return to his position.

A weak yeah escaped Isabella lips.

A comfortable silence swims around them after fifteen minutes, an awkward one followed behind.

A clearing of throat from Kaiden.
"Um..." Isabella started at the same time.

Both hands met at the radio button at the same time to turn the music on.

Electricity? Goosebumps? Shock? Butterflies? Dancing monkeys?

The list would go on, but that is what it felt for both of them.

Before she retreats her hand, Kaiden turned on the radio by Isabella hand

His on top of hers.

Isabella gazed away slightly to hide the blush that coated her cheeks. Kaiden habit of keeping tracks of Isabella small things caught on.

The black Audi felt small for both of them, they are apart but felt closer than before.

Breathing the same air, skin yearn for each other and it was painful but pleasant at the same time.

What change so fast?

A traffic jam here and there, riding was unusual long but a blissful one on which no one complained since each of them enjoy the other company secretly.

*****"""""""**********

Hi there.💫

Hope am making progress...🤦🏼‍♀️

How was it?
Don't shy to comment, le'me know what u think ✨

Lot's of love ❣️ ,Honeyrose2020

Ciao