MISFITS. 12

"Mr. Werner..." I pressed my lips in thin line taking in the figure ahead of me.

Are all the CEOs trained for this or it's just a natural pose when you are a CEO?

One hand shuffled in his pocket of a black fitted trouser and the other gripping his phone, his eyes seem to get lost at the view below him and offered his back to me.

With coffee carton to my left hand and my right holding my silver purse.

He laughed "No, no no. They are just cheap labors. Why would I hire them as my employees. Ugh I should have think before uttering anything there. You know this always gets me in trouble."

Whoever they are, I feel sorry for them.

Still in my position, awkwardly stood almost at the door way I can say and I don't know what keeps holding me here but something makes me hesitate to take my seat and wait for the man to finish so we can start our day.

"My team is doing me a favor, you know the usual.... a deep chuckle escaped his mouth his head slightly lean back... Finding reasons to fire them everyday."

Why this sound familiar!?

The air started to feel heavy around me, and particles which always dance in it suffocated my nostrils.

He sighed took two steps "I can't,  am approaching week three with them."

My palms starts sweating, I bite my inner lower lip bit too hard.

He backed away and shift his weight to his desk, sat uncomfortably still his back on me. "Tell me Carson, what shall I do to get rid of all misfits!?"

A long pause.......

He laughed, horrible voice like a dying beast.

"No, no, no. She is the last one. She is dancing under my tune so I can't fire her right away."

His hand off his pocket, running it through his gelled hair "You sly fox, yeah yeah She is pretty. I will let you play with her before discarding her away."

Don't tell me....!?
No way, right!?

He stood smoothing his suit "Oh, her name!?"

He paused staring at his hand, listening to other side "No, I think she is Italian, I don't know."

My heart wrecked under my chest, my red shiffon tighten and I think I'll bust any minute ahead.

"Not my type or I'd be on top of her or other way around since day one."

Douchebag.

"Isabella Amore Luciano, that's her name."

The coffee in my hand slipped off uncounciously down to the floor, I turned around finding my way out.

"Why are you crying Luciano!?" A voice, it is more like a hand grabbed my bicep stopped my runway.

Noah Sweetbeth Moretto.

If I would given a chance to mention at least one decent human being in this Company then all credits will go to him.

If he would be kind only to me then I'd say because we are both Italians but...
he is that person that will tell you, don't do this just do this instead without making you feel dumb, you feel me!?

"Am crying!?" I asked the man in the grey suit at my right side.

He paused studying my face for a moment "You didn't know that you were crying?"

I chuckled dryly "Oh, family...
Um... family emergency... um... I didn't know that it hit me so hard to the point of making me cry without realizing."

I forced a smile getting off his hold

"Am so so sorry Luciano." He genuinely stated.

"What is happening there, Isabella come this instant to clean the mess before you run to buy another coffee." A piece excuse of a man heard talking.

Is he being serious!?
Does he think that I was on my way to buy coffee because I ruined the one spilled on the floor.

"Am quitting." I told Noah, collecting my energy to walk past him.

"What did she say, Moretto?" Stanley questioned which made me stop and Noah shrugged.

"I can't stand the filthy stinky wet floor Isabella." Stanley yelled

"I can't stand you either, do it yourself YOU ROTTEN EGG coz am out of here." I scoffed before giving him a little piece of my mind.

Stanley jaws reached the ground and Noah stifles a laugh.

I hurried and remember something, I stopped turning around slowly then strolled to where Noah stood because that is where the little machine announcer which is only used by Stanley Incase of emergency to reach all his Staffs in the building is.

"Alert Alert, Isabella Amore Luciano is quitting. I am apologizing to all my fellow trainees whom I hurt through my actions, am really sorry guys I was stupid. Am out of here anyway, I don't want to be a cheap labor anymore so your girl is out and if a rotten egg, douchebag, trash can, piece of shit could be a person... that would be Stanley Werner." I finished the last part looking at the fumming Stanley with fisted hand and a tensed jaw.

"Luciano..." Noah called amusingly by my outbreak.

"Good luck Moretto, you are amazing." I smiled at him, didn't waste my time to look at Stanley and hurried to the elevator.

God knows how crazy Stanley could be, I don't want my body to be burried under this building.

*********"********
Hola🤭
Was the chapter good or meeh!?😹 hope it clicked all the way for a continuation of our girl break for Stanley.
Don't forget to take care of urself and thank u guys for reading all the way here. Don't worry it is a novella, will be done soon.

Love yah all💕 @Honeyrose2020
XOXO