Short Story - PART 1

12/10/23

12/10/23

Hello my loves! 

It's heeeerrreeeeeee! After years of thought (lol not really it just came to me in a moment of blind inspiration) I present to you a short story about Kestrel and Willa. PLEASE NOTE: To the readers who literally skipped the whole story in order to come here- If you want it to make some sense, then you're going to have to suck it up and read 'When the Sun Fell' (and just casually vote along the way while you do :))). If you love being confused and trying to figure things out on your own, then by all means, go ahead. 

The bonus chapter found at the end of the story (it's literally titled bonus chapter so please do not embarrass yourself and ask where it is) I can say is a mandatory read before trying to get into this short story. I would also like to say that Willa is one of my favorite characters- and I know she left some love/hate thoughts in her debut. But just keep an open mind when reading, and realize that characters are suppose to be people- they have flaws and make awful choices and stumble along the way. 

Anyhoo without further ado- 

I was thinking of calling it, 'When the Stars Fell' or 'With the Rise of the Sun"  (look at me hahaha, it's a short story and I'm treating it like the real deal). 

Have fun and enjoy! 

*     *     *

PART 1 

"You're pathetic."

Willa turned at the insult, taking in Liron as he glared down.

"Me?" she looked around, pointing a finger to herself in mock exasperation.

A frustrated sigh left the prince's mouth.

"You. You're embarrassing this Kingdom. That little show you put on at the Winter Ball was...God Willa it was awful to watch that."

Willa blinked up at her brother, her thoughts traveling back to the events that had occurred. Inwardly she shook her head. He was right. The Winter Ball had not been her finest moment.

"We'll be lucky if Kestrel ever comes back. I know I wouldn't if I was him."

That caught her attention, "you really don't think he'll come back?"

"That's what you're getting out of this? Of course, he's not coming back! Your drunk ass basically had to be dragged out of the room by him."

"In my defense, I didn't know that Rowan had spiked the punch."

"Forget it," Liron said, shaking his head. He started making his way to the door before turning to look at her.

"Why do you act that way around him. And don't-" he held a hand out, stopping whatever she had been about to say, "-tell me it's because you love him. You barely know him."