5

There it was again

There it was again.

That damn snow.

Lumi rubbed at her wrist, the red marks hidden by her golden bracelets, but she knew now the consequences of her actions if she took a wrong step.

She still felt the sting in her cheek. An action he had not apologized for, but then again, Lumi had not been expecting one.

She was subdued now.

She may have been in denial or just not have grasped the real situation.

This was not the summer kingdom. This was not the place of her birth where her mistakes were indulged and spirit let free.

This was her prison. She had to accept that now.

She had not. And she realized that now. She had almost treated it like a great holiday, and she worried about daddy and how much he might be panicking for her. He probably knew she had not realized what all she was agreeing to when she volunteered to give herself away to the winter Kingdom.

In all truthfulness, Lumi had not really lived a hard life. Her life was not hard. Or at least...it had not been hard...

She did not know that a royal would mistreat other royals. But then...she wasn't a royal anymore.

She wasn't a princess.

Lumi stared at the snow.

It was so pure.

The King sat on his throne, looking over a document of some kind.

A man stood diligently next to him, someone Lumi had failed to identify the first two times she had stood before the throne.

It was like he was a part of the shadows in the way he moved and talked, but Lumi could identify him immediately as being the King's head of council. He had a stack of documents at the ready on a table next to him, multiple bottles of ink and pens, and other assorted items that the King might need.

This time, a table had been drawn up for the King in front of his throne.

Lumi wondered why he didn't just have a study like what her father had.

He never looked her way as she entered.

That was fine.

Since her release from the prison yesterday, Lumi had a strange feeling that she didn't really want his attention anyway.

She silently walked to the snow that had been allowed to come into the room.

After going through the clothes that she had brought, Lumi had realized that she really was not dressed for the weather. The clothes for the southern lands were generally bright and...less. Lumi had not realized this until she saw the thick clothes and bundled layers of the north.