2

"What

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"What."

Now Lumi was able to hear a tone in the voice.

The tone of shock and anger.

King Lucas rose from his bow. "My Kingdom is the least of the four. We have always struggled to pay your price. The amount you put over our heads is too high-,

"The amount of my men's lives is too high?" There was a dark amusement in the cold voice.

Lumi remained silent, watching the events.

She turned to find the winter guards staring at her in shock.

One caught her attention. It was a gesture that could have been a twitch, but just the slight movement of his head to the side, his wide eyes staring at Lumi, told her enough of what he was trying to convey. No.

She only smiled before turning back to face the conversation.

"I do not want your daughter. What makes you think I would accept."

"She is very beautiful," King Lucas paused to let King Theros' eyes inspect her. He said nothing. Only cool silence hung between them. King Lucas cleared his throat.

"I do not want a Queen."

"She does not have to be your Queen."

The sentence stayed there for processing.

"What?"

King Lucas turned to his daughter. She smiled up at him. The gesture was enough to make him regret this whole encounter. But he had already started. He could not undo what was done.

"Summer Kingdom is not looking to make claims into your own lands, Winter. She does not have to be your Queen. Use her in whatever way you see fit. Even if you acquire a Queen, she will still be yours."

"Princess." Lumi stepped forward as the voice addressed her, "you have agreed to this?"

Lumi nodded, "I am yours, King Theros."

"You are only mine if I so chose."

"Or if I so chose," Lumi countered back.

Several of the winter guards gasped behind her. King Lucas quickly pulled her back, stepping in front to cut her off from sight.

"I have nothing left to say, this is what I have brought. Do you accept?"

The mass of shadows moved. Echoing of steps could be heard as each one descended down the throne.

Finally. Finally, Lumi was able to match the voice with a face.

He was the most handsome man she had ever laid eyes on.

Every feature was in place- perfectly structured.

But the structure of his stature was like it had been constructed from a block of ice.