9

Lumi's kitchen life came to a sudden halt when Marcos entered the next day

He looked at her apologetically before telling Jodi that he was there to retrieve her.

Then, to her amazement, two servants followed behind into her room.

Or actually...her former room.

Even Marcos seemed bewildered by the events. Lumi kept looking up at him, waiting for some form of explanation as to why her stuff was now being moved to the other side of the palace, and why she was being told one of these two girls would see to her personal needs.

"There are a lot more council members and foreign dignitaries coming in," Marcos whispered. Lumi was suddenly reminded of her conversation with Jodi.

"What does that have to do with me?" Lumi asked.

Marcos winced.

"You know that room you were in...was a servant's room..."

"Well, I figured as much. That would be very bad for your Kingdom if that was considered the guest bedroom."

Marcos had no warning to her words and failed miserably to hide his sudden burst of laughter.

He shook his head, trying to keep his composure as the servants looked curiously behind them.

"What I'm trying to say is, with all the travel coming into the palace, word will get out that you are here and well..." Marcos looked at her, trying to convey his unspoken meaning.

Lumi nodded, a silent 'ah' forming around her mouth.

Summer and Spring had a close relationship. If a dignitary of spring were to arrive and the treatment of the former summer princess was discovered...Lumi had not thought that far ahead. It seemed men were always thinking about the political side to things and how the smallest of actions would be perceived to the other kingdoms.

Marcos stopped, showing her the new living space she would be sleeping in.

"The King is just down the hall."

Lumi felt her eyes widen.

Why was he so close? Should she even be allowed to be that close to the King? Shouldn't he have his own private wing or something?

Fiery Hell, he didn't have a study, and now she was being told that he didn't even have a private wing?

What kind of King was he?

Lumi only mutely nodded at Marcos. She stared down the hall, wondering if she would catch a glimpse of him there, watching her with his blue eyes. But he was busy running a country.

Lumi entered the room, turning to find herself alone. The servants and Marcos had left.

She only had one trunk of clothes. She had not brought anything else.