Chapter 33: Hamal- the First, the Second

Choose between two beasts– one who carries a heart and one who chants his own name.

****

The fire crackling outside the tent sparked off with new vigour as the moans resounded on top of the cascading river.

"Turn around."

She obeyed. Sweat gleaming on his broad chest fell down on her bare back. Taking hold of her hands, he locked them behind her in his grip, pushing himself inside her with passionate force. He groaned like a lion as she bit her lower lip, struggling to not scream. Finally, he had let his all escape into the beauty beneath him.

He wiped himself with a cloth and wore back his loincloth, covering his body with a velvety mantle. Clapping his hands, he summoned a maid. "Dress her up and take away. Is my bath ready?"

"It is. Furs and flowers have been provided."

He nodded and walked out of the tent.

The carnal adventure of the night had given the nocturnal king enough warmth to withstand the raw, frosty weather. Under the canopy a tub of copper had been set, big enough to accommodate him. Steam arose from it and the smell of musk roses filled the air. The ambience was sensual. He dived in, feeling all his fatigue melt away to be replaced by bewitching waves of joy. He played with the rose petals floating on the tub. Soon, he was attracted to a familiar tune of flute.

"Aishan?" the Rajan of Revat called.

The name echoed in the depths of the forest. Butterflies of fire came and swirled around his blond locks. He touched one, feeling his skin prick for a moment before the butterfly faded away as smoke. He chuckled. "Enough of your plays. Come to me."

He spread his arms and closed his eyes. The melody of the flute ceased, and after a brief moment of silence two arms travelled down his chest while kisses tickled his neck.

"I have plenty of news, Master." Aishan was a gorgeous young man with chestnut brown curls that reached his thighs and a silky amber gaze. His lean, tall figure hovered above the burly king.

"And what are those?" the Rajan of Revat asked and pulled Aishan by the collars. The latter took the hint and entered the tub, squeezing himself in the arms of the monarch.

Aishan intertwined his fingers with the Rajan. "Pretty interesting things have happened. My spies said that the cursed werewolf had come to the Valley of Saints again, and this time without his Beta."

"So is that lowly vampire finally going to take my side? After all, he must remain with his kind."

"I don't know, and from what it seems like, he isn't switching sides. The events following that werewolf's visit to the valley says fortune is testing us."

"Fortune cannot test me, Aishan. I am a god, an incarnation," he retorted. "It may try to bind me in its shackles, but I will break through."

Aishan heaved a sigh. "We mortals aren't so lucky. Anyways, one of the curses have been cured." The Rajan, who had been leaning on the tub, jerked upright. Water splashed around him. Aishan stared back at his maroon eyes, caressing the cherished face of the Master of Yavana. "I didn't promise good news."

"How did it happen?"

Aishan ran his hand over the Rajan's chest. "I am not blessed by the sight of gods like you. I can only inform that the curse has been broken, proved by the rains that graced the kingdom."

"So even that whore's pain is not invincible enough to punish Ishgar." The Rajan tapped his fingers on the sides of the tub. "The werewolf found a way to defy his own mother's curse."