Chapter 50(Part-I): Aryam's Revelation

Waiting is the virtue of lovers.

****

Ishvara had tried enough times to talk to Aryamna normally, to initiate a conversation about their regular lives– on what was for dinner today, if the sun was glaring more than the other days, etcetera.

Aryamna refused to take part in any conversation.

His replies were cut to short string of words, a mere 'yes' or 'no'. He wasn't ready for small talk, Ishvara understood.

She was just attempting to lighten the atmosphere before telling him the truth about herself.

The amnesia.

But he wasn't willing to calm down the tension. He wanted to barge into the volcano head-on and put an end to the cruel game.

Two days had passed in vain. Ishvara watched him lay stiff like a log on the bed. He was probably fast asleep. The night was deep and dark, and so were Ishvara's fears. But like the moon that broke through the dreary clouds and gave the world its light, Ishvara found a flickering hope amidst the rubble of her failures.

Perhaps, their failures.

She didn't know everything about her past, but if she waited any longer, she would lose out on the love she had won a second time. She would lose out on this golden chance fate had given her. The blessings bestowed upon her would be lost in a drought.

Ishvara briskly walked towards the bed. He was breathing rhythmically, his chest rising up and down. He was beautiful, all the time, and when he was sleeping, the peace on his face made him appear magical. Although tonight, Ishvara saw his brows were furrowed.

She shook him gently. "Aryam, wake up." She nudged him more, until he opened his eyes with a frown. "You are awake."

He got up with a jerk. "What is the problem?"

Ishvara pursed her lips. "I-I wanted to talk."

"We can talk tomorrow morning."

"You will go to the palace. I will not get time with you."

"You will wait, then. Because now I want to sleep."

"Please, Aryam. It's urgent."

"No."

"Please."

"No–"

"It's about my amnesia."

Aryamna's face changed colours from a dull palette to a redder shade. His pupils widened, shining in the night like two pearls glinting blue light. "Say again."

Ishvara gulped. "It's the secret I was keeping from you. I think I am ready to share."

The Senapati's eyes roved over her form. His gaze pierced her heart, making her flinch. Aryamna clenched his fists. "I see. Tell me."

"I-I don't know from where to start..."

His look softened, the icy edge in his demeanor recoiling back. "Do it from the very beginning you remember. The first memory you owned after the amnesia struck."

Ishvara took a deep breath, and thus, began her heart-wrenching tale. "My first memory after the amnesia is from Gandhar. Then, Queen Ambalika was still alive. I woke up with no name and no recollection of the past. Naturally, I acted like a maniac. Like a possessed human. It took several ladies to keep me under control."