Chapter 43(Part-I): Arrival

Welcome to where you had once died, little one.

****

"We have to be quick, Indu."

All their belongings were being loaded on the carts and donkeys. Horses were ready.

They were ready too.

Rudra took the blessings of Mataraj Pushyaar and sauntered towards Indumala. The former smiled at Indu, raising her hand in the abhaya mudra. Indumala bowed in return, and together with the Rajan, went towards the palace gates.

The royals were going to Revat.

He took Indu by the hand, his grip gentle on her butterfly-soft skin. Closing his enigmatic eyes, he took three deep breaths to steady himself. "The place where we are going, Indu, you will be witnessing some horrendous sights which I have failed to make nonexistent. And that's also a reason why, I am choosing you to accompany me there."

Indumala could feel the blood rush through his hands. Heat emanating from his hold seeped inside her. His fingers travelled up her limb to her shoulder, entangling themselves with her tresses.

"No woman gets respect in Revat. And you, young and beautiful, and a warrior- I warn you Indumala, you will not be welcomed with respect but disgust and mockery."

His grip on her tightened.

"They may tell you derogatory things, but as long as I am there and Aryamna is too, do not be afraid. I am no one to ask you to be quiet after being humiliated, but be a bit like your parents- considerate and wise enough to know when to speak, and when not to."

Indumala could not comprehend completely the cruelty of Revat. Of course she knew it was a really bad place where no one would wish to go, but those were only from the mouths of people. She had herself never witnessed what Revat was like. In a way, she was excited to go there. Perhaps she would be able to defeat the egos of the stupid men who lived in that treacherous place.

"You don't need to think of destroying them now, Indu. This visit is for you to understand Revat, not put it to ruins."

Indumala gasped. "How did you know?"

Rudra adored the way her eyes twinkled. "I know you, little one." My little one.

"You don't call me that."

"But I-" I love you, little one. "I don't do it to tease you, Indu. You are precious to me like little wildflowers and shiny pearls. I want to have a little one in my life."

"Fine. Don't say these things."

"Why so?" For a moment, he thought she was upset.

"People around give us strange looks. I don't want to be judged for whatever is happening."

He placed a hand on her waist. "So, you do understand what is happening?"

She stared at his ebony irises. Tugging his hand closer, she said, "I do." She exhaled. "I am not a fool."

"What we are doing, only fools do. And, I don't think your Baba likes it."

"Baba will understand."

"I pray so."

Indumala didn't chide him for wrapping his arm around her. Keeping her close to his body, their skin rubbing against each other, Rudra took her to the gates. He helped her mount on the horse.

"Your Baba is rarely late. What can be the reason?"

"He should come-"

Their eyes landed on Aryamna. Surprisingly, he wasn't alone. Behind him there was a palanquin.