ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ- ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍᴇʀᴍᴀɪᴅ

༺☙༻'And they tell you that you're lucky, but you're so confused'Cause you don't feel pretty, you just feel used'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵘᶜᵏʸ ᵒⁿᵉ

༺☙༻
'And they tell you that
you're lucky,
but you're so confused
'Cause you don't feel pretty,
you just feel used'
ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷᶠᵗ; ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵘᶜᵏʸ ᵒⁿᵉ

༺☙༻'And they tell you that you're lucky, but you're so confused'Cause you don't feel pretty, you just feel used'⁻ᵗᵃʸˡᵒʳ ˢʷⁱᶠᵗ; ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵘᶜᵏʸ ᵒⁿᵉ

             RIVER STEPPED into a large room where she was to be prepped for the tribute parade. The room consisted of twelve compartments separated by curtains with a large, stone table in the middle of each. Aster and her separated, going to the the boys side.

    Her eyes laid on her prep team consisting of three bizarre looking Capitol residents.

All three people wore a nurse type looking outfit but their hair and makeup said they didn't want to wear the gown.

Opal Brackshaw sported a bright red wig, well what looked like a wig, with two gemstones placed on either side of her hair. Her makeup was extravagant with long eyelashes that touched above her eyebrows.

    Genevieve Aura was short woman with hair that looked like pink cotton candy. The powdered makeup on her face made her look like someone had mistaken her for a cake and decorated her face instead.

      A man with a spiky blue mohawk stood adjacent to Opal, a wide grin stretched across his purple lips. His skin was dyed a light green, only making his bright yellow cat-like eyes stand out even more.

      She sucked in a breath as they dragged her to the station where she'd be cleaned up. "Oh isn't she beautiful?" Genevieve gushed, putting a hand on her shoulder.

   "She's a very fine specimen, yes indeed." Ellot agreed before Opal began to examine her.

   River hated what he had labeled her as. Specimen? She was starting think they were mad scientists and she was their experiment.

The woman's gloved hands moved her face all around, checking for any flaws that weren't very apparent.

"Is there anything you request we not do?" Opal questioned, lifting her top lip to look at her teeth. On instinct, River pulled away, startled.